How do you wear your hair when on vacation

bajanplums1

What's your vacation hair? I am stretching at least until April. I am leaving for Costa Rica the 2nd week in April. :)

I cannot wear braids, I tried it before on vacation 4 years ago and had alopecia 3 weeks after taking the braids out. I was in the ocean every day and with the constant rinsing the salt water out my hair left my braids wet and heavy for almost every day of the vacation. :mad:

Should I relax right before vacation for manageability?
I would not mind rinsing my hair daily but I am concerned that it will be too much stress on my hair and my bf will get impatient if I have to cool my heels to wash my hair every night. :perplexed

How do you wear your hair when on vacation?:confused:

When I went to Hawaii last year I did wash and go's everyday. You don't want to leave chemicals/salt water in your hair if you go swimming in a pool or at the beach. Maybe cw then put your hair in a sleek bun/pony?

I usually wear braids. If I couldn't wear braids, I would definetely make sure I have a fresh relaxer.

My suggestion is that you rinse your hair the last time you come out of the water. Not right before you go to bed. You can always tell your boyfriend that you want to shower to get the salt water off your body.... that's enough time to quickly rinse your hair. You don't need to deep condition or anything.

I wore a super long curly weave (got many compliments from locals) to Hawaii last summer. I plan to do the same for my trip to Santa Fe in April.

With a culry weave - I can wash and go! :)

I was gonna suggest braids but since that doesn't work for you...I would say a fresh relaxer as well......I would probably do a curly human hair weave myself...:)

I did braidouts when in Iceland. that may not work for you though since we didn't exactly get swim in the ocean:lol:

don't forget to take pictures! Costa Rica sounds like lots of fun!

-A

When I go on vacation --- since joining LHCF -- I usually get a Dominican Blow Out the day before I am leaving for vacation or the day of---just depends on the time of departure. I love to swim so I normally just say --"okay I am on vacation" and take my blow dryer with me and do quick wash, blow-dry and style or super quick wash-n-go wet bun / ponytail. Even though I love swimiming when on vacation I do not swim everyday--maybe 2 days at the most so that makes a difference.

For swimming everyday you may want to do wash-n-go styles.

I leave mine pulled back in a pony or bun. I may put out some bangs just to try and look cute. Since you have to rinse it everday I would cw only and pull it back.

Back