What to wear for vacation hair?

which hair to wear to go to the beach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sweetpuff

I'm going in vacation on july 4th down south. I was wondering what would be better for a non-complicated hair do.

situation: 4a/b relaxed hair. will be 12 weeks posts when going in vacation.
length: grazing APL when stretched.

braids?
paying about a 100$ for a 5 (or more) hours long visit. this kills me. I'm not used anymore to this 5 hour thing. and I only know a store that will pull my edges. Do i use human hair? synthetic all the way down? which one?
i once had cornrows on the front part of my head and individuals in the rest. braided until the length of my hair.

Weaves?
i only had one bad experience with weave but i'm willing to give it a try. leaving my edged back and being versatile. a cousin of mine used wet and wavyweaves and hated it because of the tangle and the sand trapped in it. should I go straight then??

Rock my hair?
It will be mine. I know which products work on them but i know I'll need a minimum of 30 minutes to set them at night and everything. it defeats the purpose of vacation, i guess...

half-wigs? phony pony??

Whimsy, How did you wear your hair in vacation ?

Last edited:
I am going on vacay in june and I'm rocking braids. It will either be some sort of twist (kinky, senegalese, gypsy) or not-so-micro microbraids.

I also like phony ponys. I live in the south and wore a half wig today....almost passed out lol

if you get good wet and wavy it wont tangle @ all. I posted in another thread about my wet and wavy weaves I always use those for whn i go on vacay. Not sure where u are but in NY and MIA there are lugos locations of you can call in an order but their hair is really good and reusable lasts a long time doesn't really shed either

Buns/Braidouts/Twistouts/Bantu knot outs. Get some cute hair accessories and don't bother spending all that time prepping your hair. Have it straight or out when you want it, then put it up when you don't have time.

Get a weave. I got one to go on vacation in a hot climate and it worked out well. It was a straight/yacky weave.

it would be a hassle for you to be worrying about your own hair during a vacation. Since you are not too sure about braids/weave, how about you try a half wig. HTH

I think that you should go with some type of sew-in or something. It's convenient and at the end of the night you can rinse out the salt water, pull it up in a bun and go on about your business. This is what I plan on doing this summer to retain length and so I wont have to fuss over my hair everyday. HTH

fake hair tends to get me more hot and bothered than my own hair does.. wash and gos and braid outs are perfect for holidays

Get a weave with some virgin indian hair! This is what I would probably do. I haven't worn a weave in a long time but I would for a vacation.

Not sure about you but, my braidouts and twistouts can be iffy at times. One day I can have a beautiful braidout and the next day it can look a little off! Plus my waves don't always last the entire day especially if it's humid. I vote for a weave. I also agree that virgin indian hair is a good option (straight or wavy).

What sort of activities will you be doing on vacation? Are you going swimming or going to a water park? Will you be going to a theme park or spending a huge amounts of times outside?

If I was relaxed, I would get cornrows with extensions.

I noticed in your siggy that you said you have fine delicate relaxed hair. I would just rock your own hair and maybe do braid outs, or bun it will wet (not tight) and let it out when dry (so it's wavy) with a hair band or something like that.

I too have fine, delicate hair and my experience with braids is that they break off my hair (shred is more like it). So do tight ponytails or anything else that requires my hair to be tied up or braided.

Also, I'm about to go to Costa Rica and that is my plan. Although, I will be bringing a flat iron because there is an event my so and I are attending one night.

Thanks for the replies, I'm taking notes and doing pros and cons.

What sort of activities will you be doing on vacation? Are you going swimming or going to a water park? Will you be going to a theme park or spending a huge amounts of times outside?

If I was relaxed, I would get cornrows with extensions.

I'm from montreal canada and will be going to cuba. Lots of exposition to the sun (I have my hat) pools, the sea.

I noticed in your siggy that you said you have fine delicate relaxed hair. I would just rock your own hair and maybe do braid outs, or bun it will wet (not tight) and let it out when dry (so it's wavy) with a hair band or something like that.

I too have fine, delicate hair and my experience with braids is that they break off my hair (shred is more like it). So do tight ponytails or anything else that requires my hair to be tied up or braided.

Also, I'm about to go to Costa Rica and that is my plan. Although, I will be bringing a flat iron because there is an event my so and I are attending one night.

I put in braids last year for 2 months and it broke my hair. before i was relaxed, I had no problem with braids ( well I was not checking my hair's health anyways.)

i could cornrow my real hair (in thre front) and let the back be,...

About the weaves, do hairsisters have great quality weaves? I'm clueless when it comes to that so i need some brand names. I'll also check the many threads on weaves
. Any thoughts on the indian wet and wavy?

Back