How Do Your Rollerset Curls Last Throughout the Day?

Isis

I decided to try wearing my airdried rollerset (I usually just rollerset to smooth out and straighten my hair) using several gray magnetic rollers. I had such pretty curls that fell in a spiral like I've seen some of you ladies wear and I did not comb them out. :)

However, after moisturizing my ends and applying just a little Aveda Brilliant Serum all over my hair, my curls were almost gone. :look: How are you moisturizing your ends and adding product to your rollerset AND keeping your curls during the day?

atlien11

Here is what i do (may be different for others but this is how it works for me):

1. The smaller the rollers, the longer my set lasts. The large ones tend to drop/uncurl WAY faster. If i do use large rollers, i pin curl them back at night.
2. I use Giovanni direct as my rollerset lotion and my once my hair is dry, i dont put anything on it.
3. Serums, Leave-ins, misty water and the like, all make my curls drop.
So basically once i come out from under the dryer, no more products. I rely heavily on my deep condition and Giovanni to provide it moisture for the rollerset duration.
HTH.

Also, i never airdry my rollersets. I dont know if that makes it last longer or what.

Isis

Thank you Atlien11 and Divinefavor! That makes sense about using smaller rollers. I thought the gray ones were small enough, I airdry usually overnight and I don't want to have to airdry all day long too.

From what you said Atlien11, putting product on the hair after the set makes the curls drop. Maybe I need to wait until the evening before going to bed to moisturize my hair and ends, which I was doing morning and night. :scratchch

divinefavor

At night when you moisturize, maybe try rolling your hair with satin or solar (I think that's what they're called) rollers. That should help keep the curls as well.

Isis

divinefavor said:
At night when you moisturize, maybe try rolling your hair with satin or solar (I think that's what they're called) rollers. That should help keep the curls as well.
Thank you Divinefavor, I've heard (read) good things about these rollers. :yep: Since I don't have these kind of rollers yet, I plan to pincurl at night. My concern right now is keeping curls during the day.

sexy c

I roll my hair back up with the rollers i set in. It takes some getting use to but u can sleep on them, I might have to try those solor rollers

caribeandiva

Human being
i really don't know how to do a good roller set. my hair is so short in the back it's hard to get even the small roller to stay put. i only tried once and that was it for me.

leleepop

As long as I wet set my curls usually stay all day. The bigger rollers are for body and the smaller ones are for curly so ,as the ladies say, keep that in mind. I use a cream moisturizer with a light setting lotion, and wgo to roll it and after it dries I do not reaply a moisturizer until the next day because it is too fresh or soft. The next day I apply ubh dew LIGHTLY on my ends only and my set last a up to I week if Im careful.hth:)

Isis

sexy c said:
I roll my hair back up with the rollers i set in. It takes some getting use to but u can sleep on them, I might have to try those solor rollers
I've been sleeping in my rollers for the last three years anyway to airdry my hair overnight, so I'm pretty used to it. :) You did remind me though of the Mohawk roller method that Macherieamour and DSD use at night.