How great it is to love your OWN hair!!

monami

Good Morning Everyone,

I am a "used to be lurker" that just joined officially 3 weeks ago. I do not have pictures up as yet (coming very soon). I have went from nape length in the back with serious damage in the front to a APL. I have been growing my hair for around 3 years. It has been a very scary and enlightening journey. I went from being weave dependant (8 years straight) to LOVING MY OWN HAIR!!!! :D Went to the salon yesterday got a deep condition, rollerset then wrap and I am loving my hair this morning! I used to be sooo self-conscious with my weave. :( I am happy that is over. Taking care of myself (hair & body) has really made such a huge difference in my life. This board and all you guys got me here!

Merci beaucoup!

How great it is to LOVE your OWN hair!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

I am a "used to be lurker" that just joined officially 3 weeks ago. I do not have pictures up as yet (coming very soon). I have went from nape length in the back with serious damage in the front to a APL. I have been growing my hair for around 3 years. It has been a very scary and enlightening journey. I went from being weave dependant (8 years straight) to LOVING MY OWN HAIR!!!! :D Went to the salon yesterday got a deep condition, rollerset then wrap and I am loving my hair this morning! I used to be sooo self-conscious with my weave. :( I am happy that is over. Taking care of myself (hair & body) has really made such a huge difference in my life. This board and all you guys got me here!

Merci beaucoup!

Its great isn't it? loving my own hair has helped me be more conscious of how i take care it and its also influencing how i care for my body as well.:)

Re: How great it is to LOVE your OWN hair!!!

Opps could someone delete my double thread...it was my 1st one!

Re: How great it is to LOVE your OWN hair!!!

I love my hair. I use to sport weaves and braids for a while too. I just love riding in the car with the windows down and letting the air blow through my hair. :grin:

Back