How I get my natural hair relaxer straight! *Pics & updates*

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
dlewis said:
Your hair's beautiful. How long does it take you to flat iron?
Thanks D. I'm slow with it....I stop in-between while flat ironing. I'm usually watching a movie and I get all caught up in it so taking my time I can probably do it in about an hour or a little more. It goes really fast w/ the maxiglide. When I flat ironed this time I was watching the Top Model marathon so it took me a long time because I kept stopping to watch it:lol: . That show is crazy.

blackbarbie

Poka, I looooove your hair texture and you did a great job on the flat ironing; and YES it does look relaxer straight!:) What's your secret for keeping it straight for 2 whole weeks?

From the looks of your pics, I would def. say that you're WL now! HHG!!!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
LocksOfLuV said:
Very nice Poka, I want to leave you comments, bbut fotki is acting very weird and the pics keep jumping up and down. This isn't the first time this has happened, it has happened on other people's fotki's before.:confused:
Ok, I"m in someone elses's album now and it's doing the same thing:confused: . I've never had this happen before, what's up with that?

Thanks so much for the complements girl.

mohair

your hair is AMAZING! I luv the techniques you use to get your hair straight. I will be banding the next time I air dry. Thanks for the tips... I looked through your inspiration folder and I think you may want to get some new inspirations because you have out done all the old ones. :look:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
blackbarbie said:
Poka, I looooove your hair texture and you did a great job on the flat ironing; and YES it does look relaxer straight!:) What's your secret for keeping it straight for 2 whole weeks?

From the looks of your pics, I would def. say that you're WL now! HHG!!!
Thank you! I don't really do much to it through the week, just moisturize and band it back up at night. Lately I've been putting it in one big pin curl so I can get some bump on the ends. That's about it. Oh, and stay out of the rain, hee hee.

mohair.....thank you. Let me know how it turns out.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
crlsweetie912 said:
Pokahontas:
Beautiful hair!!! :love: I wanted to leave comments in your fotki but it's acting CRAZY right now!
Thanks. I know, what's wrong with that thing!!

Nice & Wavy

Pokahontas...your hair is growing so long and is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on reaching waistlength. It's nice to know that you have found a way to airdry your hair straighter than if it was just loose. I'm going to bite off of everything you do, just so that my hair can get to where yours is now :grin: lol!!! Evidently, you are doing something right!

Keep up the good work and I know your hair is just going to keep growing, and growing and growing! Aim for butt length now girl...you will get there for sure!!!

Blessings:p

mermaid

LocksOfLuV said:
Very nice Poka, I want to leave you comments, bbut fotki is acting very weird and the pics keep jumping up and down. This isn't the first time this has happened, it has happened on other people's fotki's before.:confused:
That happened to me too. You can't even click on "next" to see the next pic, just go back to the inex.
Gawwww-geous hair, though, Poka!!

wyldcurlz

THANK YOU!!!!! for posting this!! its sooo helpful!! i'm an LHCF veteran and its nice to see something helpful like this!!! is it the maxiglide or the technique?? i've got a sedu, but i come out looking a little monica lewinski circa 1998 sometimes.

but i LOVE MY SEDU!!!! it gets my hair straight in one pass. i have no technique.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Nice & Wavy said:
Pokahontas...your hair is growing so long and is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on reaching waistlength. It's nice to know that you have found a way to airdry your hair straighter than if it was just loose. I'm going to bite off of everything you do, just so that my hair can get to where yours is now :grin: lol!!! Evidently, you are doing something right!

Keep up the good work and I know your hair is just going to keep growing, and growing and growing! Aim for butt length now girl...you will get there for sure!!!

Blessings:p

Thanks sweetie. At the rate you're going you'll be where I am in no time. You're doing such a great job.

Yeah butt length kinda overwhelm's me:lol: . I'm not sure if I will go that far only because my hair is so fine that the longer it gets the thinner it seems to look to me. I keep cutting at it to see if I can thicken it up. I think I'm gonna go back to wearing fuller styles and try to thicken it up a bit. HHG!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Thanks so much lonei, wyldcurlz, mermaid, danimani, egan, Nice&Wavy, Brownsis, Guyaneek, Royal Glory, angelita. If I forgot anyone I'm sorry and thank you. God bless you!

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
wyldcurlz said:
THANK YOU!!!!! for posting this!! its sooo helpful!! i'm an LHCF veteran and its nice to see something helpful like this!!! is it the maxiglide or the technique?? i've got a sedu, but i come out looking a little monica lewinski circa 1998 sometimes.

but i LOVE MY SEDU!!!! it gets my hair straight in one pass. i have no technique.

You're welcome. It was the maxiglide that got it relaxer straight and the banding just helped my hair stay stretched out and detangled as it dried.

Nice & Wavy

Pokahontas said:
Thanks sweetie. At the rate you're going you'll be where I am in no time. You're doing such a great job.

Yeah butt length kinda overwhelm's me:lol: . I'm not sure if I will go that far only because my hair is so fine that the longer it gets the thinner it seems to look to me. I keep cutting at it to see if I can thicken it up. I think I'm gonna go back to wearing fuller styles and try to thicken it up a bit. HHG!

Thanks Pokahontas :p