I updated my album with braid pics!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
The time rolled around to braid my hair again and I posted pics of my newly braided hair in my album. I put it in the 'my protective styles album.
My braid pics

This is my routine while my hair is braided:

I still do daily conditioner washes. I use mostly VO5 conditioners.
I will spray daily with either S-curl or CD Hair Milk mixed with water.
I will wash once weekly with diluted shampoo.

I will try to leave the braids in for 2 months but that is dependent upon how much new growth I get.

CORBINS

Your braids look great! I just braided my hair Saturday. I'm gonna try the Crown and Glory Technique. What are your plans?

ChocoKitty

Very pretty! I would like to use the crown and glory technique but I need to find a extremely reputable braider in Chicago.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
CORBINS said:
Your braids look great! I just braided my hair Saturday. I'm gonna try the Crown and Glory Technique. What are your plans?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I am currently using the crown and glory technique to some extent. I don't follow it exactly. It seems to be working out well.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
Very pretty! I would like to use the crown and glory technique but I need to find a extremely reputable braider in Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I don't think I have enough courage to let someone else braid my hair though.

asummertyme

great job...seems alot of us r braiding..i will also keep mine in 4 2 months hopefully.....i will wash 1x a week, ans moisturize.....

Armyqt

DSD, I LOVE your braids. I bet you look great in them

shoelover1972

Hi DSD

Your braids look good. I have just taken out my cornrow extensions after 1 month. I was also rinsing my hair more or less everyday & washing 2x a week. I think some (black)people thought I was mad using so much water so often but this was the only way to keep my scalp from feeling itchy.

Sam

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
pradalover said:
Hi DSD

Your braids look good. I have just taken out my cornrow extensions after 1 month. I was also rinsing my hair more or less everyday & washing 2x a week. I think some (black)people thought I was mad using so much water so often but this was the only way to keep my scalp from feeling itchy.

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I love to daily wash because it keeps my hair moisturized and when I take my braids down, my hair is so soft.

Tgirl

I really need to stop being lazy and do this myself. I chickened out last time and paid someone to do it.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Chanteuse said:
Your braids do look really goo DSD. What kind of hair did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! I used kanekalon hair.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
Girl I didn't know you put braids in!!! They look great!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Debyjay! I am full of suprises!

ngaa

congrats on doing such a good job dsd!!i was plannin on doin my braids on the 23rd for a christmas party but will have to give myself more time!

adrienne0914

they look great!! do you have any openings on the 19th?
and i been meaning to tell you... i think i'm in love with your Little Santa!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
ngaa said:
congrats on doing such a good job dsd!!i was plannin on doin my braids on the 23rd for a christmas party but will have to give myself more time!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! I have give myself plenty of time because I can never get a few straight hours to just braid. I always have interuptions from the hubby and kids!