How Important Is The Smell Of Hair Care Products To You?

darlingdiva

I just stepped out of the thread about the products that you would never buy again on your life, and I noticed that some of the comments were regarding the smell of the products. It got me to thinking about just how important a product's smell really is.

If a pre-poo, shampoo, conditioner or deep conditioner doesn't smell the best, I'd still use it because I know that I'd be rinsing my hair afterward & applying my leave-in, moisturizer & oil. However, if a leave-in, moisturizer or oil didn't smell that pleasant, I couldn't use it b/c those are some of the final things that go on my hair (it's the reason I didn't buy the Tui leave-in).

So, just how important is a product's smell to you? Is it just as important (or more so) as the product's effectiveness?

sillygirl82

I'm the same as you. If the products get rinsed out, I'm indifferent to smell. It is a leave-in or daily use product, it has to smell nice or be scentless. Otherwise, I'd be nauseated.

jerseyjill

It's important to me because I have a weak stomach. I love the smell of my Fermodyl 619 leave in tx. It's light and fresh, not overpowering.

mzcris

well smell is important to me even if i am going to rinse it out. if someone told me about a product that is guaranteed to grow my hair BSL and it smelled bad...i still would not use it :)

pringe

i have a strong stomach so i can take most smells but excuse my language, if it smells like ***, its not going on my head.

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
It plays a major part in what I use. I'm always in the BSS lifting tops to smell a product. Last night, I passed on buying the new Pantene Nature Fusion Condish with Cassia because I was not fond of the fragrance.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I don't really care, I'll take anything for my hair....I mean JBCO literally smells like something unnatural, just super gross, but yet I use it anyway because it benefits my hair, which is the most important thing to me because 1-2 years from now when I'm swinging it I won't regret using those stinky, gross products. ;)

SouthernTease

It could make or break a product for me. If it works well and it smells too sweet or maybe even foul --I won't use it. I rather use something that just works aiight that has a smell I can tolerate.

RedVelvet310

It's pretty important. I either like the CLEAN SMELL or a fresh, flowery, perfumey smell. Even the shampoos and the DCs have to smell good :yep:. I don't really care for the pre-poo. I've started using coconut oil & kitchen mayo.. (THANKS TATIMZPRETTY!) and by the time I'm done you CANNOT smell the mayo. So for me everything else has to smell nice

DozenRoses99

I'm very sensitive to a lot of smells, but if the smell of the rinse out product does not linger then it's ok. However, i prefer a leave-in product with a light, non-flowery scent or no scent at all.

Lady S

It's only important if it's really strong or really stinky. I had to toss sulfer 8 because the smell was too much for me. If the scent is so strong that I feel like I'm being punched in the face, it's not worth it.

darlingdiva

OMG!!! You took it back with Sulfur 8. My mother used to grease my scalp with that stuff when I was younger. That stuff does have a strong smell that lingers. Imagine walking around in ninety-degree weather, smelling Sulfur 8 every time the wind decided to blow. I don't have to imagine it b/c that's what used to actually happen to me.

It's very important.The only thing that I use that stinks is the Aphogee Hardcore Protein and that's because it works.Other that than, I like for all of my other products to smell good.I'm really sensitive to smells and I will not use a stinky product unless it works, and I mean really works.I love for my conditoners to smell good because the scent of them will stay in my hair for a few days after washing.

lilsparkle825

There are sooo many products that I can't use because of the smell. Megatek, Kenra MC, VO5 tropical coconut, and so many others are about to get chucked because of that very issue, even though I love them to death. I prefer my Spectrum coconut oil, the GVP leave-in and conditioning balm, things like that because they don't have a smell.

Now on the other hand...i love love love the organix smells! that vanilla silk...ohhh my g.

baddison

natural for good
Smell is VERY important to me. If the product smells like :grunt: and has my stomach turned upside down, then I don't care what its benefits are, or how good its supposed to be, I'm not using it!!:lachen: