How is msm affecting 4A and B's hair texture?

YuNg

How is msm affecting 4A and B\'s hair texture?

Anyone who is 4A 4B, or 4A,4B have you notice a change. Either Curls or Straight Or a lesser S or Z pattern?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Re: How is msm affecting 4A and B\'s hair texture?

I have noticed a change. My new growth is coming in wavy and much more managable. I have beeen taking MSM for a little more than a month. I use Vitamin Shoppe OptiMSM powder.

Candi

Are you taking this vitamin by itself or in a supplement?
And if so what dosage are you taking a day?

AnjelLuvs

I too have noticed increased managability. My siggy states what other supplements I am taking

quitestorm22

I have noticed that my hair is growing in more wavy and I've also noticed some corkscrew growth also. I can really feel the waviness while washing my hair.

DahomeyAhosi

I'd been taking MSM for over 2 years and noticed no texture change until I began taking silica, which has significantly softened my hair and made it a bit looser as well.

offthechainliz

[ QUOTE ]
quitestorm22 said:
I have noticed that my hair is growing in more wavy and I've also noticed some corkscrew growth also. I can really feel the waviness while washing my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

at first I was noticing softer hair with waves but now being 9 weeks post I notice a lot of corksrew curles with a mixeture of waves on my head. I've never ever had this hair type before so I know it's the msm.
what is this hair type anyway?

TrustMeLove

I second quiet storm.

I dont know if its the MSM because I started taking a group of vitamins all together

b5, b-complex, silica, msm, biotin, multi,hair vit, vitamin c and e.

But I do have the corkscrews coming in.

-Faye

G

I haven't noticed a change in texture at all. My nails grow really fast though.

happylocks

Hello everyone H r u? I just went to know how the VS MSM is working for u, do u think it is a good brand, and how much are u taking and any growth ? thanks

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!

I've been taking MSM for almost a month, but since I have extremelly slow growth, I haven't noticed anything yet. I can't wait to see results. I think I should start surging!!!!

MWilson569

I definately dont want a texture change...but i've noticed a slight change so far....how much MSM should I take that would give me the least change in texture..but also reaps the benefits of a longer hair strand life???.-Melissa

reggie56

Just picked up MSM1000mg from Spring Valley that YuNg mentioned because she said that it made her lose weight. I had been taking MSM from GNC, which I think changed my hair texture. The front section of my hair is very fine and was, up until this point, VERY curly. Now it's practically straight. [Oh, I'm natural, by the way.] Anyway, I am experiencing some changes all over, but the front is the most noticeable. Those strands just kind of hang down, very limp-like...small wave patterns rather than tighter S-shaped curls. It's very interesting. At the nape of my neck is where most of the 4a curls hang down. I find that taking the MSM is certainly allowing my hair to grown in a downward fashion rather than East-West direction. Those curls that hang down in the back, almost like a tail, is very cute. One day I was washing my hair and kept feeling something touching my back. I thought that maybe it was a bug, fly or something. Then, I realized that it was in fact my hair! My hair is either growing rapidly or the MSM is having some kind of effect where it hangs down more than it did before. I can now get the front hairs comfortably inside my mouth. The front is perhaps where I experience the slowest growth, but I am not noticing a difference...

Britt

Reggie how long have u been taking MSM and what dosage did u take to yield your results?

reggie56

I've been taking MSM for 3 months at 1000 mg. I was taking the GNC branch, but YuNg said that she experienced weight loss [I am trying to lose weight] with the Spring Valley brand...and it's CHEAPER!!!

happylocks

I dont like SV biotin, is the MSM in pills ? I am taking the powder now, cant really take pills, I took GNC liquid MSM and I really like it, I only took 500mg a day, and My mom press out my hair, I usually collect it all, my mom said there is no hair really for me too pick up
I was surpised, I know it was the MSM,
I thought YuNg, was a guy

YuNg

Im a male just to let you all know. and it wasnt the msm it was the flaxseed oil

reggie56

Please forgive me, YuNg!! Didn't mean to offend you. Thanks for the advice. I am trying to lose weight, so could you please let me know [you can PM if that's better] what brand of flaxseed oil you were taking. The MSM is still good because I run a lot and have pain in my left knee. The MSM helps control the pain.

Thanks again!

happylocks

wow flaxseed oil, I have to try that, I need to lose some pounds, I thought u were a guy,

YuNg

im not offended its not that many males here so its only natural to assume im a female lol.