MSM and looser texture

McQuay30

Hello, What is meant by "looser texture" 4c to 4b, 4b to 4a? How soon was this seen?? Was this a permanent change or temporary?

Zaz

I went from 4c to 3b in about 5 months, it was permanent but you also need to take some flaxseed oil pills and massage some breast milk onto your scalp nightly :yep:

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
some people aint right. Zaz, im surprised you didn't mention the time you applied donkey dung to your hair and it turned out looking like you got a bkt but without all the chems and heat.

EllePixie

MSM doesn't loosen curl. If this happened to someone, it's a weird freak accident. MSM does help with the health of the hair though, so if your hair is damaged the "true" pattern may emerge.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I have been taking MSM - 1000 mg twice a day - for a few months now and my hair is kinky-coily 4b and is still kinky-coily 4b. I would think I was sick or something if all of a sudden my hair grew in a different texture. *shrug*

Zaz

some people aint right. Zaz, im surprised you didn't mention the time you applied donkey dung to your hair and it turned out looking like you got a bkt but without all the chems and heat.

Girl don't be spillin my secrets to the world :lol:

NicWhite

I would have to agree with EllePixie

When you body lacks certain vitamins and minerals, you hair can grow dry and brittle. Hence, people will have breakage after a while and not know why.

Giving the body what it needs will cause the hair to grow in stronger and softer. So all though the curl pattern may not change, the hair texture will be much better. This happened for me when I corrected my Iron Deficiency anemia and improved my diet. My hair is not as brittle and hard anymore.

Hair that is softer and not brittle, allows the true hair pattern, texture or whatever, to be more apparent.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Hello, What is meant by "looser texture" 4c to 4b, 4b to 4a? How soon was this seen?? Was this a permanent change or temporary?

ithink yu read about their new growth being softer as opposed to a looser texture :look: im flat ironing my hair almost weekly and the curls in my hair are alot more loose and less curled when iwash it :sad: ..it could mean my hairs damaged or somethin.. but whichevers :drunk: :drunk:

McQuay30

MSM doesn't loosen curl. If this happened to someone, it's a weird freak accident. MSM does help with the health of the hair though, so if your hair is damaged the "true" pattern may emerge.

Do you have an ideal of how long this could take?