How long did it take to get from APL to BSL?

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by grow, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Janet'

Janet' Well-Known Member

Media:
    BostonMaria, you're so right...You brought out many good points...I don't know if I have an extremely long torso, but I am definitely trying to get to MBL during the winter months...I do wear my bra low (so I've been told)...you are so right about the hair being older- hadn't even thought of that! Thanks!

2. NJoy

NJoy Here I grow again!

velvetrope97, Girl, you thread tagged me and I don't even know why. So, I went back thru all the posts and think this is the only one that I didn't directly answer (although I thought I did a blanket answer to Grow's question that asked something similar). In any case, I'll answer:

I have my reggie in my lhcf blog. But as far as my sulfur reggie (and it's a little different now because I'm stretching), I usually apply sulfur mix at night, massaging it in and then putting on a plastic cap before bed. I cowash it out in the morning and repeat later before bed. I applied and cowashed daily except during the summer months when it was just too hot to have oil and a baggy on my head at night. Then, I probably did 1-2x a week, if that. I use an herbal or non-sls shampoo periodically on scalp only to make sure there was no buildup, as needed. Again, all this is in my blog and I also have pics posted in my album. HTH & HHG!!

3. Prettymetty

Prettymetty Natural/4b/medium-coarse

It took about 14 months for me. I trimmed my ends every 3 months... That was when I was relaxed.

Now I'm natural and I cut my hair back to Apl in October. I'm estimating Bsl by April (6 months). I plan on dusting every 3 months so that I can have a blunt Bsl. I have layers and a V right now

4. Misseyl

Misseyl Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm happy for you, I'm nowhere near that. I just want to add since we don't have a search feature, we find ourselves revisiting old posts. I wonder when are they going to fix this issue. It's getting annoying. I think I'm going to be looking over at youtube or Pinterest.