How LONG did it take you to achieve APL!!!

How long did you wait?

• 6 months

Votes: 49 38.6%
  • 9 months

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • 1 year

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • 1 year 3 months

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • 1 year 6 months

Votes: 20 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really feel like many ladies including myself are stuck somewhere between SL and APL.

1. What has helped you to reach your goal?

Last edited:

runwaydream

it took about 4 months. but that was getting to apl unstretched. i was already a little past shoulder unstretched when i joined the forum. i just washed 2-3 times a week. deep conditioned every time i washed, used some growth aides like MN and MTG. and alot of protective styling. also did alot of bagging, moisturizing, and sealing of the ends.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I just made apl in march Im hoping for full apl by xmas. keep in mind it took me a year to get this far cuz I was scissor happy last year, I had 3 or 4 good trims. What has helped me is protective styles, moisture, moisture and protective styles:yep:

skipper

i was really really scared too, but it took me between 6 and 7 months i thought it would take years

I'm like a centimeter away from APL stretched., had I not been trimming and getting lazy I would have gone from nothing to APL in about 1 year 3 months. All protective styling.

I texlax and I would like to make it there unstretched; I think it's been like 6 months...so far and I am ONLY half way there :cry:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Don't feel bad Nicole you'll make it there, it took me a year :ohwell: you will get there I promise. Im praying for full apl by december and I will be protective styling all the way there, although I'm really getting bored with the braids, I want to avoid setbacks.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
It took me 15 long, miserable months :perplexed

I was a little above SL when I came to LHCF, my hair had never in my life been past my shoulders. Maybe it took so long because my hair was shocked that it was finally growing :lol:

I'm soooooo glad to be past this hump, getting from SL to APL is an evil little debil :yep:

TLC1020

It took me 9 months to get to APL.. Now that I look back it wasn't so bad, all I did was bunned, moisturized daily, deep conditioned once a week and stretched touch-ups. Now getting to BSL is another story :ohwell:

RubyWoo

I cut my hair to shoulder at the end of December and I made APL in I suspect early may. I did a length check last week and realized I was a little past APL. So I guess that would be about 5-6 months it took me to get there.

IntoMyhair

5 months from dec of my past relaxer until my last relaxer. I did about 2 weeks or so. Keeping my hair in a bun and stretching helpped. No growth aids I always fall off them.

nikkivale

I went from neck length to armpit length in about 6 months. During my first relaxer in years the styllist cut it to neck length and i basically wore it in a bun or a wet and wavy sew in weave, i put a lot of moisture on my hair during that time.

cmw45

Interesting question. I think I could answer, "How long it takes to get from SL to APL?"

I had my hair blowdried a couple of days ago to go into cornrows and I think I will make it by my second nappiversary on August. I this be true it will have taken me about a year. The woman who blow dried it says that I am there now but I'm not ready to claim it yet.

Ediese

It took 1 year (from Feb 07 - Feb 08) from me to get from neck length to full APL. I didn't start taking care of my hair until September 07 when I was SL. I think I needed 4" from SL to get to full APL. I reached full APL from September to February.

Last edited:

Brees_hair

It took me shy of six months to get from shoulder to arm pit. I really maintained alot of length when I started baggying my ends.

lilsparkle825

i think i got to SL from ear length in 4 months or so...when i BC'd yesterday i was grazing APL...but just barely. i would say another 2 months and i woulda claimed it, so five months sounds about right.

ImFree27

i'm an inch away from apl, and I BC at the end of nov. 06, i had maybe an inch or half of inch of hair, so hopefully i will be there by the end of july or august, so i guess a year and a half, we will see

MissFallon

It took me about 15 months to go from bald to APL and then I cut it back to shoulder and it took me about 7 months to get back to APL.

malibu4590

It took me about a year of wet bunning and sew-ins for 3-4 weeks at a time to get from neck length to APL.

brownsugarflyygirl

It took me two years so I voted for I year 6 months.

ETA: I think you were referring to from SL to APL. Umm that I dont know :ohwell: My first siggy pic was December 2006 and the last one was December 2007.