how long do you wear your hair out after relaxing?

levette

This is for the ladies who tend to wear protective styles.

After you get a relaxer/trim , how many days do you wear it out before putting it back up again. Also, what is the best way to protect your hair while wearing it down?
hair pics /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

<font color="red"> </font>

NAY007

i was thinking about the following before:
is it better after a relaxer to blowdry the hair/rollerset it or just let it air dry.
i did it both and the results were always the same.
i read before that after a relaxer the hair should be kept in a straight form or something like that /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif, but then when i think about it the hair is already relaxed from the relaxer on my head. so what i do with my hair afterwards should not be that important. plus my hair is already weakened from the relaxing process so why should i add some more heat from a hooded dryer or a blow dryer.

so yes after relaxing (at home) i just put it in a bun and let it airdry.
of course if you get your hair relaxed in a salon you have to get it dried, although i told the stylist when i had my hair colored before that i wish to leave with my hair wet. and she was okay with it.
nay /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Julia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I always wear my protective styles immediately after a relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

has this made a difference for you? How long have you been doing this? I guess I need to change my ways because I always want to show off the length that I have gained

LondonDiva

Always. My usual style is to wear my hair in 2 strand twists about 15-20 of them and spray the ends with nature's shine oil by ORS and also moisturise them with carrot oil.

Now what I'm doing is wearing my hair pinned up. Even though the 2 strands were protective there was too much manipulation going on with me in my hair. With my hair back there's none of this fuss going on.

pebbles

I wear my hair out for the day I get my relaxer, and then it's back to protective styles again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif