how long does it take to reach WL?

constance

I'm curious...for the ladies that made it to WL in 2-3 years, did you go to the salon for trims or did you self-trim? Also, how often did you trim? TIA!

I've trimmed once since I began my hair journey in 2008. I'll trim again once I reach cl (a longggg time from now).

leiah

I have a question: Once you ladies have reached your goal length do you have to continue to protective style religiously to keep your progress or does it allow for more styling options and freedom to let your hair down more often?

I wore my hair out often when it was MBL. My growth stalled a little bit at that point but nothing too bad. Now it's too long and gets in the way of everything so I bun 100% of the time. I like wearing buns and I want to keep growing it, but if I wanted to wear it out more often I would cut it shorter!

IMFOCSD

I wore my hair out often when it was MBL. My growth stalled a little bit at that point but nothing too bad. Now it's too long and gets in the way of everything so I bun 100% of the time. I like wearing buns and I want to keep growing it, but if I wanted to wear it out more often I would cut it shorter!

This is interesting. I always assumed that once your hair hit atleast bsl that PS could be decreased and retention would still be about the same.