How long get a "Nice Length Surprise" at your next touchup?

blasianbeauty

How many weeks of stretching does it take for you to get a nice length surprise when you touch up? For me personally it would have to be at least 16 weeks for a very noticeable difference. When I used to touch up at 10 or 12 weeks it wasn't as visible. How about you?

bbdgirl

Actually as long as I don't straighten my hair too often, I always get a pleasant surprise come touch up time. 12 weeks is enuff. I can't stretch to 16 weeks, my hair really doesn't like to stretch that long.

blessedandlucky

i stretched one day short of 11 weeks this time (my first stretch). i haven't taken pictures so i'm not sure although the shampoo girl asked me if i was growing my hair out and that it looked nice. my stylist looked at my ends and didn't even ask me if i wanted a trim, which is a great sign that my ends look good! i'm really pleased with that because i just started my hair journey and have been moisturizing them two times a night. i hope to take a picture later and post it.

audacity.

12-24 weeks is a good amount of time to get a nice length surprise
(if the stylist doesn't chop it off during the t.u.)

Highly Favored8

I would have to say at 26 weeks. I am right now 20 weeks post relaxer =) so I know I am going to have some nice update pictures in 6 weeks =)

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am streching for 65 weeks which is 16.25 months but I am doing the C&G method so I should have about 8in when I relax oh what a nice surprise I will get!

soulie

I got a nice surprise last night! I looked at my hair after washing and it was APL, and I still have another 3 months (at least) to go on my stretch!!

vnaps

i would say at least 6 months (24 weeks)......thats when i get a GREAT awe struck suprise....

if i go 3 months....its great but the feeling doesnt last long.....maybe its because i have been texlaxing and i dont straighten my hair

but the big one for me was a 52 week stretch a few years ago.....i wonder where all the length went.....:perplexed

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Anything past 15 weeks.

I just flat ironed at 8 weeks and am kinda 'meh' about the results. I just knew I'd see a difference since I've got enough new growth for a TWA, but it really didn't look much longer at all.

joib

16+ weeks for me to start jumping for joy and doing the "hair dance". I am stretching until july 1, 2009 so I can't wait to see what I have.

*KP*

I'm relaxing after a 14 week stretch this weekend and hope to be pleasantly surprised, I am currently about 3-4 inches from BSL. I got a nice surprise after my last stretch, I think it was at about 12 weeks.