How long into transitioning for a nice PUFF?

How long did it take you? I am 35 weeks post and would love a nice PUFF when I bc in January 2009.

I'm right behind you at 29 weeks & 4 days post. Last relaxer was 12/30/07. If I big chop 1/2009 (don't intend to though) I will have a TWA and not a puff at all. Right now I have 2 - 2.5 inches of spiral curls so by 1/2009 I may have 4 - 5 inches.

That's one reason why I am waiting too. I want a huge puff. I'll probably wait until the end of next year. (Hopefully)

btw: I'm about 26 weeks post

I'm 14 months post (5-6 inches of new growth) and don't have enough for a nice size puff. I personally need 2 years or more for a puff to look decent.

I'd like to hear other responses.

Ladies,
You are giving me hope! I know it won't be a big puff....I'll be happy with a cute lil' "SMEDIUM" puff :clapping::gorgeous: . I am using Bee Mine and Megatek a couple/few times a week (alternating) on my braids under my sew in. I hope this is helping to give growth.

It took me a 1 1/1 year to get enough hair to do a decent puff, I was only growing about 4 inches of hair a year and my hair shrinks ALOT.

Ok, what exactly defines a puff? Some of the responses here have me wondering. I thought that this is a puff:

DSC01823.jpg

If it means ponytail, then I can't do that quite yet. This is me over a month ago.

KCcurly...to me, you have a nice size puff:yep: It does not have to be huge, just a "SMEDIUM" puff that can be worn back off face with a lil bit of height to it.

I'm 14 months post (5-6 inches of new growth) and don't have enough for a nice size puff. I personally need 2 years or more for a puff to look decent.

I'd like to hear other responses.

That's what I was thinking, a decent sized puff should take a couple of years.

I've been natural 7 months and i can do a really tiny baby puff. I'm thinking in 6 months to a year i will have a smedium puff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since thats my only hair goal :look:

Ok, what exactly defines a puff? Some of the responses here have me wondering. I thought that this is a puff:

DSC01823.jpg

If it means ponytail, then I can't do that quite yet. This is me over a month ago.
That's what I call a puff as well! Last time I was natural I had a nice sized puff when I bc'd at nine months. I had a ponytail at 12/13 months.

DSC01823.jpg

This is a nice-sized puff to me too, KCcurly.

That's what I call a puff as well! Last time I was natural I had a nice sized puff when I bc'd at nine months. I had a ponytail at 12/13 months.

I only had around 4 inches of hair after my first year, that is not a puff.:nono: I guess my hair was slow to grow or it may be the shrinkage.

LadyKaypnyc,
I came across a few of your you tube videos a few weeks ago. Girl, you are the truth! :yep:

:blush: Thanks girl!!!

:lachen:at SMEDIUM PUFF...

How is the Bee Mine working for you???

I'm trying not to buy it, but folks keep raving about it, the PJ in me is getting very curious:grin:

Isn't it just enough hair to put in a head band?? Wouldn't it start to hang pretty low after a year? I mean thats 6 inches of hair. I guess it depends on shrinkage. I believe I have a puff. I may not be natural and I may only have 15 months of hair (as od July 22) but I think I have one. Just look at it :lachen:

DSC01823.jpg

i dont know what defines a puff either but i searched your fotki, and your puffs/whatever they call em are CUTE! :grin:
My puff is in my siggy. I chopped at 72 weeks and this is what my hair looked like.
that is nice and healthy...i hit 12 months and BC'd, and now i am at what, something like 58 weeks? this is what i got as far as a ponytail:

http://public.fotki.com/lilsparkle825/au-naturel/june-and-july-2008/backview.html

LOL LOOK AT THAT PUNY THING!!! but i love it. looked for a "puff" pic, none since the BC. SouthernTease has a nice curly thing in her sig, check that one out. she transitioned what, 17 months or something?

i dont know what defines a puff either but i searched your fotki, and your puffs/whatever they call em are CUTE! :grin:

that is nice and healthy...i hit 12 months and BC'd, and now i am at what, something like 58 weeks? this is what i got as far as a ponytail:

http://public.fotki.com/lilsparkle825/au-naturel/june-and-july-2008/backview.html

LOL LOOK AT THAT PUNY THING!!! but i love it. looked for a "puff" pic, none since the BC. SouthernTease has a nice curly thing in her sig, check that one out. she transitioned what, 17 months or something?
Thanks; I like your pony, and you hair color is so pretty too!

:blush: Thanks girl!!!

:lachen:at SMEDIUM PUFF...

How is the Bee Mine working for you???

I'm trying not to buy it, but folks keep raving about it, the PJ in me is getting very curious:grin:

I am using the Bee Mine under my weave..so I cannot tell what mu growth is yet. I plan on taking it out next weekend for a week...I'll let you know!!

I'm right behind you at 29 weeks & 4 days post. Last relaxer was 12/30/07. If I big chop 1/2009 (don't intend to though) I will have a TWA and not a puff at all. Right now I have 2 - 2.5 inches of spiral curls so by 1/2009 I may have 4 - 5 inches.

Oooh, we started transitioning at the same time!! Now I know how many weeks post I am, I was too lazy to count, lol :grin:

Back