How long is too long to keep hair products (lifespan)?

How long do you keep your products?

• 6 months-1 year

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Doesn't expire. I keep it until I use it up!

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaFemmeNaturelle

So I'm not much of a pj, but I have like 4 DCs that all serve the same purpose....maybe I am a pj? lol IDK! But anywho, how long do conditioners last, when should you throw them away, or what are the signs to look for? I know alot of ladies still use and look for old formulas of certain products like CON.

So how long do/would you keep your conditioners and shampoos?

melissa-bee

Depends what it is. If it's something like conditioner or moisturiser i will keep it for like 2 years. But i'm more than likely to use it up way before then. I'm not a PJ so i only by one or two products for the same use at the most. If it's like a serum then i'll keep it until it runs out.

Tinkerbell19

i never throw them away unless i completely forget about them and i look at them and they look gross other than that i get every little drip out !! lol :lachen:

I normally just follow that "period after opening" symbol that you normally see on the packaging, but I usually finish it long before expiry anyway.

ms.blue

A couple of months ago I had to throw away some tcb blow dry lotion that I brought I think in when I was in high school which was back in the 90s. It smelled ok and was seriously thinking about using it until I realized when I brought it. I don't even think they make it any more.

Vashti

I would throw out stuff if I've had it longer than a year but i usually use up things long before they get that old. Good question.

Jewell

I used to be a PJ, and I still have products I purchased at least 4 yrs ago (many new, unopened, or used only once). :look: Well, they were expensive salon conditioners, and ain't no way in heck I'm throwing 'em out! Will be saving and using anything that isn't rancid/ineffective until it's all gone! :lachen: I'm not a waster!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will be using them up hopefully until they are gone.:look:

Whatever isn't "Gifted" to someone else will definitely be put to good use.:yep:

This Year I am on a Personal Mission to Use up things. Hopefully, most everything by the End of 2011 or mid 2012.:perplexed