1. Cathy Howse Method
2. Crown and Glory
3. Mt, MTG, MN, Boundless Tresses etc. Growth Aids
4. Bunning
5. Any Other Protective Styles
6. Deep Conditioning Often
7. Ayurvedic Methods
8. Some Other Method

Did you accumulate at least 4 inches of new growth and were you able to keep it?

Last edited:

joib

I have at least 6+ inches of new growth and was able to maintain it with bagging, protective style, and MN. I cut off 1.5 inches a couple of weeks ago but hope to gain at least 1 inch by Dec 31.

naturalmanenyc

so far 4 inches since 12/30/07 that I have retained
I have changed methods over the year and am currently using wigs.

Highly Favored8

I gained 4"

By July of 2008

Then September I cut bluntly my hair back to SL

Now My hair is growing all even =) towards APL

I have not changed my methods
I just added BeeMine Hair Serum. As another one of my staples.

ajacks

Last year I gained nada!!! It was breaking as fast as it was growing.
This year I have been doing much better. My hair grows, on average, about 1/2 inch a month, and I have been able to reatain most of it with the help of a sew-in.

spacetygrss

Well, I shaved my head May 2008 (from APL length). However, since then I've grown 3 inches (so 1/2 inch per month). The only "special" thing that I do is cowash daily and I upped my exercise some.

vestaluv1

Since March this year, I've used:

• Crown and Glory
  • Protective Styles
  • Deep Conditioning Often
  • Ayurvedic Methods
I accumulated and retained AT LEAST five inches (until I had a rather large trim :look:).
I really think all four methods helped me along the way.

BrooklynSouth

Any Of These Methods:
1. Cathy Howse Method
2. Crown and Glory
4. Bunning
7. Ayurvedic Methods
8. Some Other Method

Did you accumulate at least 4 inches of new growth and were you able to keep it?

#8 Some other method..I have been wigging it with braids/twists beneath; trimming off ends irregularly..hard to tell with the natural growth but I think about 4".

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I've gained 6+ inches in the past year by doing the following:
  • Deep Conditioning (2x a Week)
  • Co-washing (3x a Week)
  • Protective Styling Daily

kblc06

Any Of These Methods:
1. Cathy Howse Method
2. Crown and Glory
4. Bunning
7. Ayurvedic Methods
8. Some Other Method

I've gained at least 7 inches and only retained about 4 (due to scissor happiness). I KNOW for a fact that my retention was due to

-Protective styling
-Regular deep conditioning

I believe that since I have finally found a method to retain my hair's moisture by sealing my ends with vaseline (leading to less splits and less trims), 2009 will be the year my hair comes full circle.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I think my hair grew about 2" in 2 months. I just BCd in Nov. and I now have the amount of hair that I had in my previous natural journey. The raw egg cocktail is really amping up my hair growth. I hope this never stops because i intend to continue with this shake. I just take a flax & fish oil vitamin and a reg multi vitamin to add to dietary benefits. I want to get fine in 09. I'm stepping up my game.:lachen:

From Sept 07 to Dec 08 I gained about 6 inches. I ended up cutting about 4.5 inches. I had alot of breaking in the middle, so everytime I gained inches, I cut it off so the middle would catch-up.

BostonMaria

I retained about 6-7 inches of hair last year and it was due to:
Bunning
Deep Conditioning 3x week
Ayurvedic Methods - henna & amla powder
Other - rollersetting

The Princess

Dang last year, (in the dessert) my hair grew alot, but I was cutting it like every other month cause it was dry and just horrible. I found LHCF the last 4-6 months over there, and continuing from that time frame until now, Im doing good so far. Oh the method I was using and still using, is "Bunning" Bunning is the business...