How many inches do you get?

regina07

My growth seems 1/4-1/2 a month based on my grey roots. I'm currently taking hair vitamins to see if they help strengthen my hair for retention.

almond eyes

I get about 1.5 inches per month (or six inches a year) which is the average for most people the extreme cases get an inch or 1/4 a month. If you are natural then you also know that with shrinkage what actually looks like 2 inches can easily be 5 inches when stretched out. So many of us underestimate our hair growth. But I don't think it's healthy to be tugging and pulling at your hair everyday to assess it's growth.

Best,
Almond Eyes

kandake

I've always thought I was a slow grower but I got a 2inch trim at the beginning of June and I've grown all that hair back. So that leads me to believe that growth is average or I had some sort of growth spurt over the summer.

bronxsoloist

October 2013 to October 2014 my nape grew from Line 4.5 to 12 on my length check shirt
I attribute it to scalp massages and positive affirmations. Oh yea, and my KISS Method.
Hopefully it wasn't a fluke, or bad length checking and I can acquire another 7+ by October 2015 :: fingers crossed::

GGsKin

I'd guestimate between 5-6 inches in a year. I had a patch that was bald in Jan (skin smooth) and hadn't grown for two years. It now has 5 inches of hair. I measured my hair with a tape measure for the first time the other day. I plan to record the inches this year.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'd guestimate between 5-6 inches in a year. I had a patch that was bald in Jan (skin smooth) and hadn't grown for two years. It now has 5 inches of hair. I measured my hair with a tape measure for the first time the other day. I plan to record the inches this year.
I just measured my hair too. Even with trims I should be able to retain 2-3 inches this year

SmilingElephant

From what I've calculated from the past couple of months...

Naturally I grow about 6 to 8 inches a year. I grow about 0.7 inches a month.

With vitamins...I could grow at least 9. But I just started taking them and have found my hair grew about 1.5 inches while on them.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I shaved my head Mid February and now I have a bout 4 1/4 inches of hair. I used hair vitamins for about 6 1/2 out of the 10 months. I've seem to have noticed the most growth over the last 3 months of vitamins.

Guinan

Re-Branding
You know today it occurred to me that the only new item I introduced was adding spirulina powder to my smoothies. It's a microalgae high in protein so maybe it gave me the boost my hair needed. @pelohello mentioned chlorella, another algae.

Yup I swear by that stuff. I mentioned it in the 12in12 thread but I recently started using a powder superfood, which has EVERYTHING, including spirulina and chorella. It has helped improve my skin, mood and hair.

fifigirl

Yup I swear by that stuff. I mentioned it in the 12in12 thread but I recently started using a powder superfood, which has EVERYTHING, including spirulina and chorella. It has helped improve my skin, mood and hair.

What Superfood are you taking @pelohello ? I'm very much interested

Guinan

Re-Branding
What Superfood are you taking @pelohello ? I'm very much interested

It's alittle pricey (22.00). I put 2tsbs in my breakfast smoothie. Some people do not like the taste of chorella, so you might want to start off with the tablets if you do decide to give this a try. I believe there is a thread about Sprilina Chrorella. That's how I began taking it.

fifigirl

It's alittle pricey (22.00). I put 2tsbs in my breakfast smoothie. Some people do not like the taste of chorella, so you might want to start off with the tablets if you do decide to give this a try. I believe there is a thread about Sprilina Chrorella. That's how I began taking it.

Thanks so much! Will be on the lookout for this tomorrow

PlainJane

I didn't start paying attention to growth until I transitioned because I always felt my measurements weren't right. 1st year of transition I barely had 5 inches of growth and this year I had a little over 6 inches. I didn't do anything different this year so I'm not sure why I had more growth this year.