How many of you ladies.........

ebonyhair

choose a diet based on foods that promote hair growth?

We know that hair is made of protein. Therefore protein-rich foods and iron should make up a high percentage of our diet. After I incorporated many of these foods into my diet....I noticed a major improvement in my hair growth!!:yep:

Each key nutrient below lists the foods that promote hair growth:
  • Protein: liver, brewer's yeast, fish, eggs, beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu.
  • Iron: liver, whole grain cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, dates, raisins.
  • B Vitamins: eggs, meat, poultry.
  • Essential Fatty Acids: walnuts, canola oil, fish, soy.
  • Vitamin E: avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil.
  • Sulfur: meats, fish, nuts, legumes, vegetables (especially onions).

Last edited:

amwcah

Most definitely! All the foods(that I like) that are listed above are an essential part of my daily intake for my entire body. I also drink plenty of water and eat alot of carrots. Carrots promote faster hair growth.

Vintageglam

Subscribing to this thread!

Its funny bc we all know we need to eat right not just to benefit our hair but I really need to get onto this is a more organised way.

JJamiah

I base my diet on weight loss and healthier eatting habits, from the list above they can be used for both I guess.

I eat lots of yogurt and nuts like almond, pecans, sunflower seeds for snacks
Lean Cuisines for lunch and some dinners
Salads
Rasin bread,
Water, water and water
Smoothies with extra protein

an occasional soda and some bacon

melissa-bee

Thanks i do try to eat a well balanced diet. But i feel bad because i'm drinking a cup of coffee right now. Even though i normally stick to herbal and green tea. Caffeine is known to stunt you're hair growth...but everything in moderation.

remnant

choose a diet based on foods that promote hair growth?

We know that hair is made of protein. Therefore protein-rich foods and iron should make up a high percentage of our diet. After I incorporated many of these foods into my diet....I noticed a major improvement in my hair growth!!:yep:

Each key nutrient below lists the foods that promote hair growth:
  • Protein: liver, brewer's yeast, fish, eggs, beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu.
  • Iron: liver, whole grain cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, dates, raisins.
  • B Vitamins: eggs, meat, poultry.
  • Essential Fatty Acids: walnuts, canola oil, fish, soy.
  • Vitamin E: avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil.
  • Sulfur: meats, fish, nuts, legumes, vegetables (especially onions).

Thanks for this ! I noticed improvement too when I eat well :yep:...subscribing to this thread.