How many of you use wanakee hair products?

nadine1977canada

How many of you use Wanakee hair products?

I have heard a lot about wanakee products but never tried it. I heard some people claimed it made their hair dry.

what do you think about wanakee products?

Ariana4000

I tried the conditioner, constant care for ends and the detangler. I didn't like the conditioner. It didn't have that much slip imo for the price. The constant care for ends is good and the detangler worked good on my brother's thick coarse 4a/4b hair. The comb glided thru it.:)

blazingthru

I saw in old post dated back in 2003 and they were not happy with the Wanakee products. Actually this post was on the internet from LHCF. Can you believe that. Someone put the entire post out there. Apparently she sold the business and is not into ministry. From what I read its a complete waste of money. Not worth it.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I liked the detangler and constant care for ends but it got to be too expensive and I started looking elsewhere for equal/better substitutes.

Kitamita

I used the line before and I liked it. I just got tired of always running out of product because I forgot to reorder in time. The mail thing I miss most is the Detangler :) I haven't found a replacement for that.

Almaz

I love it very much especially the detangler and shampoo. Have used it for years and very happy with it. Everyone in my family has a ton of hair so the detangler is great to have especially with tenderheaded children running around. Not everything works for everyone. But I really love all her products

so1913

Man, this was the line that got me on my healthy hair kick and got my relaxed hair in shape 10 years ago. It was still "Wanakee". Not sure if formulas have changed since I used it regularly years ago, but paired up with her tips, the line worked great for me. I did use it for quite a while but it was costly (for a college student) and then hair boards started popping up and the pj'ism kicked in.

Last edited:

simcha

I tried it over ten year ago and didn't like it. Cant' remember exactly why but whatever the reason it left a bad impression on me.

Barbara

Princess
I've been using them for years. I was told by the president (after Wanakee sold the business to him years ago), that they took an existing product, changed the brand name, and added more oil to it. I've been trying to find out what is that existing product. I've been comparing ingredients, and haven't been able to find it yet. I think they just created their own.

Maybe he was kidding. No company is going to tell you their secret, but if the existing product cost less, I would like to buy it and tweak it myself.

Last edited:

CocoBunny

I ordered the detangler, the conditioner and the constant care for ends last night. I will report back on how it works out for me. I'm excited. Even tho I STILL think it's odd that the wig endorser Beverly Johnson is their new spokesperson.

jamaraa

Why is Beverly Johnsons name on the jar? http://www.hairoil.com/productdescriptions/ccf4.htm

When I think BJ, I think wigs (not knockin them because I have been known to wear them) come to mind not strong healthy real hair.

She bought the company from Wanakee some years ago. I dislike the whole connection of BJ and her wigs vs Wanakee's own hair. I used the products back when Wanakee ran the place and they were OK...the advice was/is far better. (Check the sticky).

Barbara, a member uses them still, check out her posts.

beans4reezy

My sister used this product with great results. For the first time in her life, she had long hair. But, I have never been a fan, her products just didn't seem that better from the others on the market to me.