Votes: 3 0.6%
  • half dollar amount

Votes: 76 14.6%
  • more than a palm full

Votes: 443 84.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naturel

I think it depends on hair type. For my hair I use 1/3 cup and my hair is not even ear lenght yet! I wish I could use a nickel size, a lot of money saving. I use a bottle of Vo5 in 3 washes.

Bosslady1

The longer I stretch, the more I use. I don't go by those standard measurements. (nickel, dime etc.) I go with the amount my hair needs...which is usually a lot more than a quarter amount.

productjunkie814

I use a tad more than a half dollar size...for each section of my hair when I wash, which is about 6. So all in all, I probably use a palm full. A regular bottle of conditioner lasts me about 4 weekly washes.

MsEllie

Maybe this has already been stated - I didn't read through all of the pages but I would think that possibly this so-called expert was talking about a different type of hair. Maybe if you have type 1 hair w/a naturally oily scalp, then this might apply. Just my thoughts...:ohwell:

I agree with this my hair is fine but it still requires more than a dime size.. otherwise it just laughs at me - so I give it want it wants "more conditioner" I love conditioner washes and use 2-3 handfuls when co washing.

Digital Tempest

A dime-sized amount, my foot. Maybe when I was still sporting a TWA. Maybe for straighter hair types, but I think the curlier and coilier your hair gets, the more conditioner you're gonna use. And that doesn't even take into account how much hair you have. My hair isn't very thick and I still manage to use a ton of conditioner if I want to cleanse properly.

Fine 4s

I could easily use 7 oz. of DC on my hair. I could stand to lose 3 less ounces though.
I'm very heavy handed and obsessed with getting EVERY hair strand coated. This is why I don't like DC-ing with brainds in because I just KNOW not all my strands are getting luv.

katblack

I use about a half a dollar size for 3 sections. That is perhaps a palm size or perhaps even more. I have gone back to finger combing and I have noticed that I use less conditioner which is always great.

AFashionSlave

HILARIOUS! I use almost a 1/2 bottle of conditioner every time I shampoo. My hair isn't that long. Its only bra strap length.

Researching

I know I use waaay too much, but I'm heavy handed with everything. A nickle sized amount though just wouldn't do it for me. That's waaay too little. I probably use about 1/4 a bottle per wash.

Yep, me too. :yep: I use about 1/4 of my 11oz bottle of Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose in one wash session. I have very thick BSL hair. I think they were talking about white girls with the not being able to rinse out conditioner resulting in a dry scalp. B/c I purposely try not to rinse all my conditioner out and when I do rinse it all out by mistake I add a little more to my damp hair. AO-HSR makes a fantastic leave in for wonderfully soft hair.:grin:

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I go threw a bottle every 10 days or so and its one of the big bottles I use a handful for the front one for the back and another for the ends. The I rinses several times and repeat. Wow I guess that is a lot. 6 handfuls per wash. But I like to feeeeellll my conditioner, you know?

yardgirl

Short hair requires less product so right now I'm using less than one palmful. I'm not stingy with it though, buying products is fun so I use conditioners liberally.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The longer I stretch, the more I use. I don't go by those standard measurements. (nickel, dime etc.) I go with the amount my hair needs...which is usually a lot more than a quarter amount.

I Also found this to be true.:yep:

Long Story Short ---- I use alot of product & I am very heavy-handed.....:look:

I "Voted" Palm Size.:blush:

twinkletoes17

Lol, they say use a nickel sized amount. Aren't these the same experts that end up adding loads of alcohol products to models' hair, trying to get the same affects you could get from proper conditioning? :O

equestrian

OBviously alot because I go through a bottle a week of my conditioner. Good thing I was able to find a 25 ounce bottle at last!

NaturalBoss

I really don't even measure but if I guess I would say about 3 palms full! LOL!!! I have a big old head full of hair. I gotta do what I gotta do!

SimJam

I use abt 1 palmfull of condish depending on the condish (thick or thin) and if Im DCing on wet or dry hair.

I usually need more when applying to dry hair
also use less when I take my time and apply to sections.

as for co-washing my goodness ... abt 1/4 of a regular bottle (suave/VO5) ::lachen::

Barbara

Princess
I part my hair in 7 or 8 sections, so I guess I use three ounces to saturate my hair from root to ends. My stylist saturates my hair with conditioner.