How Much Itching Is Normal?

GraceJones

Sometimes I'll notice my scalp itches when it gets really hot or I am working out. I also heard itching can be a sign of growth. I usually suffer from dry scalp and white residue from co washes. I've stopped cowashes and that's stopped the residue and dry scalp.

Now I don't see any white flakes (dandruff) or dry scalp under my nails when I scratch but I'm wondering if the itchiness I feel is normal. I use a mix of coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil (10 drops), peppermint oil, and 1/2 a teaspoon of sulfur (10 drops) on my scalp.

I also use X-Cel Hair Revitalizer.

Is having an itchy scalp still normal?

Daina

How often are you using the Xcel 21? I can only use it once per day as more than that causes itching. I use the Xcel cream in the morning and the liquid at night. Once I switched to this regimen the itching stopped.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
How often are you using the Xcel 21? I can only use it once per day as more than that causes itching. I use the Xcel cream in the morning and the liquid at night. Once I switched to this regimen the itching stopped.
@Daina
Haven't had 'itching' with the Creme.:nono:

I still have x3 bottles of the Spritz that I'm scurrrd to use. Imma swap them with other Posters eventually.:yawn:

lushlady

It is not normal for my scalp to itch. If it is itching, it is imbalanced in some way. For me the imbalance is usually from build up of oil and sweat.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

I only spray once daily and haven't had any issues with that either. Every now and then, I'll skip a day. I'm sure that helps.

natural2008

I oiled my scalp with coconut oil a few years ago. It made my scalp itch more than it normally does. No other oil has caused that reaction for me.

Coconut oil doesn't this to me as well. Took me some years to figure this out. Makes scalp itch and feel inflammes. Also made My hair extremely dry. Now I have a lot of coconut oil which I need to figure out what imma do with it.

I've had excessive itchy scalp for a few years now. I'm at my wits end. I've been to four dermatologists, had a scalp biopsy done and they still can't find a medical reason why. I was told I have Seborrheic dermatitis, but none of the treatments worked and I don't have the typical flaky scalp and dandruff. I think its just the standard diagnosis derms give when they don't have an answer. I've even tried natural remedies, eliminating shampoos and products to see if I am allergic to something I'm using. Nada!

Basically, I live with it. It's mainly in the crown area. It's very frustrating. I hope one day to be able to find some treatment, natural or otherwise that works.