How Not To Rock Your Twistout

cocosweet

Two stranded twists are a favorite hairstyle or mine so I wear them often. The resulting twistout is also a nice style. Usually, my twistouts have a 3 day shelf life before starting to look crazy. This time, I was able to make it last 8 days. Yay, right?

Well uh...when I wear my twists I like to wear them for 2-3 weeks at a time. This time, I went a month + 8 days (lets be real, it might have been 9) of twistout time meant my hair hadn't been detangled in a month of Sundays and then some.

Then, I managed to go many nights sans scarf or satin pillowcase.:nono:
Then, I managed to slack up on applying my leave in.:nono:

All of this adds up to it taking hours to detangle. I think it was Kimmaytube who said it took her 4 hours to detangle. Yesterday, I felt like we were kindred spirits. I went at a leisurely pace, but I'm sure I bested her by about 2 hours. Thankfully, a certain Gate thread kept me entertained as I went about this chore. I just finished the last section a few hours ago.

This thread really has no point other than to say this is what being hair lazy gets you.:lol:

What hair sins have you committed recently?

LadyMacgyver

Using the 3 min DC too much because by Sunday I run out of time to wash my hair and sit under the dryer so I head for the 3 min DC..It time for the heat steam or under the hooded dryer.. I just don't have enough time to do what I would like for my hair I need to make time..

empressri

I went two weeks recently without washing. Well the second week I put my hair in twists and work them for the 2nd week. I'll just say this....it took a long damn time to detangle and get out all of that shed hair.

My poor brain and body can't fathom going any longer than that else they'd had to commit me to the crazy house.

mstk

I went 3 weeks without washing or detangling last month, and my hair was in a bun most days. I've been half wigging it, so I just low bun. But...my hair right now is relaxed bone straight (at the ends), texlaxed in the middle, and then I'm 5 months post-relaxer.

I learned that...I can't do that with mixed textures. My new growth shrinks up too much, and despite the fact that I add water to my hair daily, my hair felt so dry before I washed it due to product build-up.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I got lazy after slapping in some twists and I wore them for a week and some change with very little moisture added. :nono: