How often can you use a semi color?

Kayluv

The grey hairs around my hairline are popping out and it seems that I need to color them again. I used Clairol Beautiful Brown semi-permanent haircolor about 2 weeks ago and it is already washing out. Can I safely use it again to touch up my hairline? I think I may investigate using a demi.

Thanks.

I have the same exact problem except the grey comes back next day. Let me know your findings on Demi. I too use beautiful browns.

I noticed the Dominican also use it. I will eventually look into colorshowers.

OT:

Brownshugagirl your hair is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the fullness girl!!

I'm stalking your fotki! Hope u dont mind :grin:

Semis aren't as harsh so every couple weeks s/b okay. My mother does hers every week to cover her gray and hasn't had any problems. We both use Color Showers. I use mine whenever I start to see the blonde hair around my edges which sometimes varies from one week to 4 weeks, depending on how often I'm washing and what type of pre-poo I use.

OT:

Brownshugagirl your hair is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the fullness girl!!

I'm stalking your fotki! Hope u dont mind :grin:

join the club..I'm already her first stalker! :lachen:

I am bumping for an answer to this color question, too. I just got a bottle of color showers from Roundbrushhair.com and am planning on using it soon.

I would say it should last more than 2 weeks, but I think the color in a semi color is color deposit and doesn't have ammonias or other harsh agents that should affect or alter the hair significantly. 2 weeks, though, I am stumped. I usually do my semi-colors every 6 weeks or so.

Again, bump...

I don't use semi color more often than say...every 6-8 weeks. I have lots of grey, so I try to put some temporary brush in color at the temples/forehead etc where the grey is more visible.
Or you can just use a mascara on those strands :)

Back