How often do YOU moisturize your hair?

coolsista-paris

Hi to all! :)

If you don't mind, please asnwer these questions just for us all to have an idea on moisturizing methods.

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)?

2) What do you use to moisturize?

3) Do you seal? if yes : With what?

4) What is your hair type?

:thankyou:

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Moisturize daily...once a day

I use Darcy's pumpkin seed leave in or any other glycerin free leave in that I have (KCKT, beautiful curls shea butter leave in)

I seal with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade

4 something, natural

southerncitygirl

i'm 3c-4a and cottony

i moisturize and seal 1-3 times a week.
i use qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream and seal with my oil blend ( olive, kukui, meadowfoam, castor , and coconut).

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
1. Loose hair = every day. Protective styled = 3-4x a week.
2. Oyin's Juices & Berries
3. Yes. Loose hair = grapeseed, coconut, or Oyin's Afterbath oil. Depending on the style, I may use Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. I will also use castor oil on my ends as needed.
4. Cottony-silky-thready 4A. Fine strands, medium density.

Ronnieaj

I use a liquid mix that I make myself. It has heavier oils in it in the winter (castor, argan, wheat germ, and walnut) so I don't necessarily seal afterward. If I do, it's often with something light, like KBB Jojoba Oil (just because I'm in twists and the lighter oils don't cause my twists to unravel).

I use it twice daily, separately seal 2-3x/week. I'm 4a natural.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I moisturize twice per day. It's Cold here and I'm under a Wig & Durag M-F. In Lieu of a Winter Hat.:lol:

The Heat/Dry Air from Indoors & Car, and the Cold Outdoor Air can Zap the Life outta your Hair.

I usually use a Heavy Lotion, Butter or Hair Cream. I seal with a Pomade or Oil. Sometimes I will also use a Spritz, Cream & then seal with Oil.

Oh, I'm Relaxed. And probably a 4 something.

GoodMernin

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)? 1-2 times a day

2) What do you use to moisturize? Leave-in, water, and EVOO mix spray

3) Do you seal? No.

4) What is your hair type? 4bc

Proudpiscean

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)? Once daily or every other day at least.

2) What do you use to moisturize? Water/aloe/glycerin mix in a spray bottle; or I co-wash as a way of moisturizing.

3) Do you seal? if yes : With what? EVOO and/or coconut oil

4) What is your hair type? Natural, 4a/4b combo

chesleeb

1) How often do you moisturize? 2x a week

2) What do you use to moisturize? water

Do you seal? Yes With what? glovers mane mixed with royal crown

4) What is your hair type? 4C

Ok not sure if these are the "right answers" but I just wanted to contribute

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over

About 3 times a week.

I use Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Care Free Curl, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave In, or a spritz made of strong black tea, GVP Anti-Snap and vegetable glycerin.

I use Vatika Oil, Castor Oil, Sunflower Butter, Avocado Butter, Mango Butter, Safflower Oil, or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Depending on what my hair needs, I'll use them alone or blend a couple them together.

4a/b, relaxed, fine strands with low density.

lboogie2679

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)? Mostly once a day sometimes twice depending on hair needs

2) What do you use to moisturize? Bee Mine Lucscious or SheScentIt Seyani Butter

3) Do you seal? if yes : With what? In the summer I seal with Coconut Oil Winter its a mixture of grapeseed and sweet almond oil

4) What is your hair type? 4a texlaxed fine strands

BlkOnyx488

I use proclaim Leave in Conditioner
mixed with
Grapeseed Oil, Castor oil, and Sulpher

I spray it on my scalp nightly then baggie my hair
because of the bag it works it way to the ends of my hair with out me having to do anything. I also do a light scalp massage to work it in.

nymane

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)? 2x - morning and night

2) What do you use to moisturize? Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme

3) Do you seal? if yes : With what? Rarely, but when I do it's with jojoba oil

4) What is your hair type? Mostly coarse 4b with some 4a in the crown (I'm relaxed)

Last edited:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop

Either every other day or every two days

A mix of Pura Body Naturals Sapote Lotion, aloe vera juice and sunflower oil. This changes whenever I run out of stuff though.

Most of the time with either oil or AOHC.

4a

KittyMeowMeow

I have multiple textures with two different routines.
----

Daily, sometimes every other day depending on hair's needs.

After washing:
3abc fine-medium section: shescentit coco cream leave in. Excellent non-greasy light balancing moisture.
3c to maybe in the 4s cottony, med-coarse: homemade shea mix (shea, EVCO, castor oil, AVG, honey, lemon oil)

Daily:
both sections: water. The key to soft, moisturized, stretched hair w/ water is to just use a few sprays on a section & work/smooth it in until it doesn't feel wet, just moisturized. Then repeat if needed. Don't use too much & let it evaporate- makes hair dry & rough.

both: EVCO. Also helps moisturize. Tiniest amt for loosely curly/fine, more for tightly curly.

curlyhersheygirl

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)?1x daily

2) What do you use to moisturize? Water or water and a touch of moisturizer depending on how my hair feels

3) Do you seal? Yes. Normally with an oil but now it's colder I use mostly butters or pomades

4) What is your hair type? 4 natural

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Loose styles - once a day
Braided/protective styles - every 2 to 3 days

I mist a little water on my hair and then apply a cream or butter type product. My faves are Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream or Qhemet Aethiopika Twisting Butter.

YES, with coconut and rice bran oil mix.

4b

Last edited:

discodumpling

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)?: Usually 1X daily but i'm not scared to do it as often as needed.

2) What do you use to moisturize?: Homemade Cocoshealoe mix:lick:

3) Do you seal? if yes : With what?: Any nourishing oil. I like to experiment. Currently my hair is responding well to a 50/50 mix of castor & EVOO.

4) What is your hair type?: Fine, fragile, nappy.

Ann0804

Twice (every morning and night)

Oyin Wipped Cream or SM leave-in or Honey Dew. This week I've been using Oyin WC

Yes, an oil mixture of (shea butter, castor oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, aloe vera juice, tea tree oil, avocado, almond, and argan oils). I made this into a whipped cream product.

4C

Mische

Twice a day. I do a more thorough job at night though, the morning routine is really just a reason to play in my hair.

Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme on dry hair. If it's wash day my staple is Shescentit Coco Creme.

Hairveda Vatika Frosting (coconut oil) though in the mornings I've been using Silk Dreams Nourish because the cold weather and coconut oil don't mix very well.

Super fine strands, tightly coiled new growth in most areas except my nape.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Not often. Once a week after my weekly wash. Only because my hair remains pinned up in 6 plaits a week at a time because I PS in wigs consistently.

Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer.

Yes I seal all the time. Any oils around. Olive, Coconut, Grapeseed, etc.

I'm a relaxed 4 something or other.

Sent from a land where women rule.....

Highly Favored8

Answers in bold.
1.) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)?
Every other day.
Kera Care conditioning creme / Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
Yes with JBCO on my ends.

I am transitiong back to natural without the BC I am 1 year post and my hair type is 2a/2b. my hair is nice & wavy

Last edited:

coolsista-paris

thanks soo much to you sho have posted: KEEP COMING IN LADIES!!!! this will give us all lots of ideas to try out in case we have no idea of what moiturizing methods or products exist. MOISTURIZING IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOR OUR HAIR TO GROW.

your answers are so helpful

BUMPING! :spinning:

klsjackson

Hi to all! :)

If you don't mind, please asnwer these questions just for us all to have an idea on moisturizing methods.

1) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)? Once daily at night time

2) What do you use to moisturize? Herbal Essences LTR

3) Do you seal? if yes : With what? Yes, organic argan oil

4) What is your hair type? Relaxed 4a

:thankyou:
Twice a week I use Mizani Rose H20 night treatment

Bublin

Twice a day

Keracare Leave-in heavily diluted with water with a few drops of Lavender and Rosemary Essential oils (followed by seal and then small amount of cream moisturiser - at the moment using Morrocan Oil Hydrating Cream :lick:)

Castor Oil Mix - approx 60% Castor Oil and 40% Jojoba with added drops of Lavender and Rosemary essential oils. I sometimes substitute the Jojoba with Hot Six Oil just to use it up.

Wirey/fine 4a/3c Natural

Last edited:

Bublin

Answers in bold.
1.) How often do you moisturize (how many times a day)?
Every other day.
Kera Care conditioning creme / Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
Yes with JBCO on my ends.

I am transitiong back to natural without the BC I am 1 year post and my hair type is 2a/2b. my hair is nice & wavy

Highly Favored8
Is that the Humecto Conditioner? and do you use it straight out of the bottle as a moisturiser on dry hair?

MsDes

I am a 4a/b, I moisturize 2x daily, I use Jane Carter Nourish and Shine, and no I don't seal using this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HTC Sensation 4G