How often do you shampoo?

FoxxyLocs

How often do you shampoo (on average)?

Do you use sulfate or sulfate-free?

You can also include an explanation for you answers if you want. Just curious.

MsLauren

I shampoo as needed. I'm doing the curly girl method so I rarely have buildup. And when I do shampoo it's sulfate free!

greenandchic

I shampoo an average of twice a month.

I use a clarifying shampoo if I'm doing an henna treatment and I use a regular shampoo if I feel my hair needs it. These days both are sulfate free. I cowash and use cleansing conditioners between shampoos.

Shampoos
Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo (to clarify)
Trader Joe's Tree Tea Tingle Shampoo
Shea Moisture Deep Cleansing Shampoo (jury still out on this one)

Cleansing Conditioners
L'Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Cleansing Conditioner
Curl Junkie Daily Fix

LexiDior

normally i shampoo once a week with ORS Aloe shampoo but with the increase of products i use, i shampoo twice a week.

wheezy807

When i was On a consistent hair regimen, it was once a week with a sulfate shampoo. My only reason was because i always dc'ed after every poo so deep conditioning once a week was very essential to me as far as keeping my hair healthy.

Philippians413

I cleanse once a week with sulfate free cleansers. Lately I've been using Silk Dream's Go Moist Shampoo or Whip My Hair, but before that I used Kinky Curly Come Clean or Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I plan on going back to the Daily Fix once I use up all my shampoos.

golden_goddess

Once a week, first with a sulfate shampoo (IC Tea Tree Naturals) diluted with h2o and applied directly to the scalp, then with Keracare Hydrating sulfate free shampoo.

Last edited:

jessicarabbit

once a week with a dr.bronners castille soap/bentonite clay/water/oil/baking soda mix. Its very lathery and gets my hair clean without stripping it.

KhandiB

I shampoo every week with a clarifier and non-sulfate (elasa qp ) I use Cones and Mineral Oil, so its a must !

Angelinhell

Twice a week. I only use the keracare hydrating sulfate free formula because the sulfate formula is impossible to find. I prefer sulfates though.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Weekly...I used to alternate with cowashing, but find that my hair responds better to poo.

Wash with Keracare sulfate free.

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

getoffmylawn

Everyday to every other day with whatever is in my bathroom whether it's chock full of sulfates or not. I quickly grew tired of searching for "safe" shampoos, conditioners, stylers etc etc

Kindheart

Twice a week with a sulfate or sulfate free shampoo .at the moment I m using Syntonics Detangling shampoo or Fructis Triple Nutrition.

MystiqueBabe

Usually once a week or once every two weeks. If I don't wash I will get dandruff. I use grease/heavy products on my hair and scalp so I have to do it often.

I normally use sulfate shampoos. Other times I will use a sulfate free poo.

Last edited:

Evolving78

1-2 a week
i use a sulfate and non sulfate. i use the sulfate for the first to remove buildup, rinse, then i use the non sulfate for moisture and slip.

AltheaGarden

I wash once a week using castile soap cut with water. Any type of shampoo always dries my hair out, even if it's sulfate-free and moisturizing.

FoxxyLocs

AltheaGarden - I had that pasture with shampoo drying my hair out also. I found Chagrin Valley shampoo bars to be really good for cleansing without being too drying.

I was expecting the answers to be less frequent because of all the co-washers in the board. Most people seem to wash once a week.