• every 9 - 11 months

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • once a year

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • never

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I started my regimen in july 06 and haven't found the need to trim yet. I kind of like not cutting, but I guess it just hasn't been long enough. If I could help it, I would prefer not to trim.

I trim only when my split ends are bad....I go to a barber to do it.....and this is 2x/year (every 6mos). i usually trim once in the spring and then again in the fall.

I had to trim a LOT in 2005. As a result I had a habit to break in 06.

I dust every now and then when i think i see too many split ends.

Major trimming is just for relaxer touch ups every 3 months and most of the time I don't really even need the trim (but I do it anyway:) )

I trimmed once in 2003...then not again until 2006. I dont plan on trimming again for maybe another year.

Normally, my stylist trims my hair everytime i get it relaxed. I stretch my relaxers to 12 wks...so i get my hair trimmed about every 3months.

"Dustings" are the reason I've yet to fully reach bra strap! My hairdresser keeps giving me these trims whether I want them or not with each touch up. she sneaks the scissors behind my back and by the time I realize it she's half way done and I feel no choice but to let her finish. I don't understand it though, because my last touch up/dusting left my hair growing uneven...Well, I just got another touch up and told her absolutely no "dusting" or trims and she got mad!! Tried to argue with me and tell me that normal people get trims with every touch up. I tried to tell her that it made it hard for me to see and chart my progress to which she looked at me like I was crazy. She knows I'm trying to grow my hair past bra strap but keeps mentioning how shoulder length is the perfect length if I had to have longer hair. Most of her clients have neck length but very nicely styled hair. Eventually she huffed that she'd respect my wishes but she was pissed. so pissed that she nearly blew a gasket when I told her that I did'nt want her to flat iron it on top of blow drying because I was going to bun it anyway. She won that battle :( ....Strangely, when I got home and checked the back, the uneveness from my last touch up is nearly all even again! I'm so happy I stood my ground this time because I can actually "see" progress! My goal is to dust the ends every other touch up which would be every 6 months.

i just did a big 3-3.5 inch trim (gettin closer and closer to 100% natural yall!).

thinking about doing a blow-out this weekend and see if i can clip a bit more.

my old bangs are completely natural LOL. snip snip snip.

i'm not keeping a set schedule and just snip when my hair seems like it could use it.

I used to only trim once or twice a year but I very recently changed that to every 3-4 months. I trim about 1/2 an inch each time. I'm determined to have thick, healthy, blunt ends and regular trimming is the way to go imo.

I havent trimmed since september which was 6 (almost 7) months ago. I see that i didnt need all of those "Necessary" trims that my stylist gave me. my ends are always protected so i dont have any splits or uneveness....yet. and for the first time i am retaining length:D . I will probably self trim/dust when I deem it necessary.

Everytime I relax. I do not need to but I am a recovering addict I am addicted to scissors:D

My sister who lives in NH, is a Professional stylist and she has these beautiful pair of scissors I am thinking about stealing. I remember trimming with them one time and my ends were so beautiful...talk about a blunt cut!!!
be still my heart:p

Seriously I trim way too much. I don't give my ends a chance to need a trim:lol: :lol: :lol: :ohwell:

I'm going to try dusting every two months....just taking a verrrrry small amount of hair off of each twists. I am finding that my ends are the crunchiest around 4 months after the previous trim so maybe dusting every two months will stop that. Plus keep me from taking so much off every 4 months....

I voted every month, but it can be every week, every other week, every 3 weeks, every 6...it depends on how I'm feeling. I do frequent mini chops since I'm transitioning. Before I started to transition, I trimmed when I got a relaxer which was every 12-16 weeks.

I am suppossed to trim every 3 months but I trim every 2 weeks before my 3 months are up so I voted every 2 months. If every three months would put me at 4 trims a year then 2 weeks thing I do will put me at about 5 trims basically 6 because i even cheat there.

I am trying to stop being bad but I don't care. Once I reach my goal, I will be trimming every month. That is the day I am waiting on. If I could just stop cutting I could get to my goal.

Once a year. But I'm skipping this year.

Same here!...I don't see the reason 4 it...my hair is healthy & I protect my ends often...I think all that trimming I use 2 do is what stopped me from reaching my hair goals...I have not trimmed/cut/dusted my hair since Oct 06 and don't plan 2 unless its necessary! HHG

I trim once or twice a year. My ends feel like they need to be trimmed now, but my hair is still growing and isn't breaking any so I don't plan to trim it anytime soon.

I mostly trim every 4 months. During the initial stage of my relaxer stretch however, I was trimming more like every 6 months.

Back