How Often Do You Wash/Co-wash During the Winter?

How often do you wash/co-wash your hair during winter?

• Daily

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 2 Times a week

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYLegalNewbie

My apologies if someone somewhere has asked this before but...

I'm curious as to how often do people wash or co-wash their hair during the winter.

I'm about to enter my first winter since getting rid of my hair weave, and I'm not quite sure about how to treat my hair during this time.

In the summer, I co-washed twice a week, and washed once a week.

KhandiB

This will be my first winter doing it, but I dont think I will do it as often..

Maybe every few days ... Like as soon as I get home from work so it has more time to dry ..

AvaSpeaks

I'm gonna try to co-wash once a week for the first couple of weeks to see how my hair reacts to it.

AvaSpeaks

What do you all use? I'm going to try it with either Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Mask.

I think the ORS Mayo conditioner maybe too rich.

berry87

I wash once a week in the Fall/Winter. I usually keep my hair in braids or twist during this time as well.:look:

Last edited:

Mortons

I think I'll be doing it ever day (except the weekends when I straighten) but at night so I will be try by morning.

sunshinebeautiful

I may cowash every day or every other day during the winter. The cold saps all of the moisture out of my hair no matter how much I deep condition. It drove me crazy last winter trying to keep moisture in my hair. I'm planning on rocking the wash-n-go and I just bought a diffuser attachment for my blowdryer so I'm good to go.

Mortons

I may cowash every day or every other day during the winter. The cold saps all of the moisture out of my hair no matter how much I deep condition. It drove me crazy last winter trying to keep moisture in my hair. I'm planning on rocking the wash-n-go and I just bought a diffuser attachment for my blowdryer so I'm good to go.

I have one, but how do I use it?