How often is everyone dusting/trimming your ends?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I dusted using my new split-ender on 3/20 and I'm already planning to use it again around the same time this month. The amount it took off was so small that I think it's worth it just to make sure the I have good ends. I don't know that I need it because my ends looked great last month and I've been baggying since but, just in case it missed any. I just want to make sure that I have super duper healthy ends. I'm considering dusting monthly. Anyone think this is too much? How often are you dusting/trimming?

Charlie555

I just did a light trim last weekend. Maybe 1/4 of an inch. My previous trim was in late October of last year. I had been keeping my hair in cornrows under wigs so my ends were in tip top shape. I think monthly dusting would be ok if you are a regular heat user. I'm planning to trim every 10-12 weeks when I touch up my relaxer.

HTH

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I do s&d whenever I think about it (which is usually once a month) and an all around small trim every 6 months.

jasminea

I love the splitender! I do one-two passes with it after my relaxers every 12 weeks. I airdry and no heat styles so my ends do not get abused. I think 1 pass every 4-6 weeks is reasonable since it only removes 1/8 to 1/4 inch with each pass. But you may not need it if you are protective styling.

Last edited:

Triniwegian

I haven't had a trim since I BC'd, which is 1.5 years ago.
I can't do the s&d..it will take me a week.

Do y'all check every strand?

guudhair

I think the last time I had one was Jul (maybe)...I want to start doing them myself...are yall talking about this split ender thing?...if so, I'm wishing I didn't even open this thread :wallbash:

jasminea

I think the last time I had one was Jul (maybe)...I want to start doing them myself...are yall talking about this split ender thing?...if so, I'm wishing I didn't even open this thread :wallbash:

That is the one I have. I got it from Amazon and love it! My ends were getting all tangled and breaking. After using it my ends don't snag onto everything and breakage has ceased.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Yep. :yep: That's the one I have.

I love the splitender! I do one-two passes with it after my relaxers every 12 weeks. I airdry and no heat styles so my ends do not get abused. I think 1 pass every 4-6 weeks is reasonable since it only removes 1/8 to 1/4 inch with each pass. But you may not need it if you are protective styling.

I probably don't need it because my ends are rarely exposed. I think I just want to use the split-ender again. Is there anything more beautiful than silky smooth ends? :lick: I want to use it just..in...case I missed any last month. OR...maybe I broke a few hairs over the last month. I'd hate for those ends to start splitting. :grin: Nah. I just want to have silky smooth hair and healthy ends. I'm looking at it as preventative maintenance. I did 3 passes and noticed no length change. Yeah. Every 4-6 weeks is reasonable. :yep: (I feel a new obsession brewing. :perplexed)

Dak

I trim every 6 months, right before my birthday and again right around Christmas.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I haven't had a trim since I BC'd, which is 1.5 years ago.
I can't do the s&d..it will take me a week.

Do y'all check every strand?

No way was I prepared to even attempt to check every strand. I don't even think it's possible. That's what inspired me to try the split-ender. Maybe I can check the front but, my hair is layered. There's no way I could do justice in the back.