Is dusting every weekend too much?

Qualitee

Also how many times do you dust in a month?
I found alot of split ends especially in the back:wallbash: I was tthinking about dusting every week end, is that too much?

r u doing a different section each week until complete or dusting all over every week... i think the latter is too much

girl you're not retaining much length you shouldn't have to dust that often....i get a stylist to dust me 2-3 times a year. what products do you use and how do you style your hair?

I think every weekend is too much for dusting. I'd dust one good time then s&d every weekend.

I s&d every few days out of habit. I usually don't have many splits to snip though.

If you're doing a search and destroy, then I don't think that every weekend is too much. You're not to examine every strand each time caused it's impossible.

If you are dusting such as taking off .25" every weekend...... then that's excessive.

If you search and destroy to cut off only splits that's fine I think but with dusting you can be cutting off healthy ends and those few inches add up causing you to not retain.

Definitely too much. You need to consider a different routine for your ends like low manipulation or the baggy method.

That seems excessive. You could dust until the damage is gone and try to address why you're hair is splitting in the first place.

^^^ You really need to address the issue why you're having split ends to begin with. I still think it's hard to retain lengh if you're dusting even once a month. Unless your hair just grow that fast.

To be honest I get lazy some times and I dont moisturize my ends every day:look: Im going to try and change that. Thanks ladies!

Weekly is too much even for a full head S&D....if you have not gotten most not all after 2weeks you may need to revaluate your reggie and see why is your hair splitting.

1)are U using dull scissors? you should use hair shears so that the hair is sealed at the cut not just torn off

2) is your damage further up the hair strand than you originally thought? if you have mid shaft spilts and do not cut above them is is very much a possiblity that the hair will re-split

3)perhaps your reggie should protect the hair more and elimate products with alcohol that may be drying out your hair

other than combating the above situations weekly dusting will only hurt your retention rate

how do you search and destroy the back of your hair?

With lots of mirrors I'm guessing or if your hair is long enough bring it around front. If you don't have layers you can snip off hair that pops out of twists or braids. What I use to do was have my hair twisted and then undo a twist to work on that section. I would pull the hair straight up and using a mirror check that way. It still caused eye strain for me though so I gave up S&D in the end.

Back