How often should I shampoo??

HairFanatic01

Hello. I'm very new to this forum and I LOVE IT!! WONDERFUL!! I have cornrows and I shampoo my hair once a week, but I pulled up an old thread and a lot of good talk was going on about daily washing and how it increases hair growth. I have type 4B hair and I was wondering if washing more than once a week and using a leave-in treatment would harm my hair??

Also with my infusium 23 would it be better if I dilute it??

Allandra

Hi

Welcome to the LHCF.

Lately, I've been shampooing my hair once a week (do conditioner rinses (not conditioner washes) the other days). When I shampoo my hair more often, it doesn't harm my hair. A lot of the ladies here dilute their shampoo. I think it's a good idea.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Welcome!

I also have braids and I do daily conditioner washes with Vo5 conditioner. Doing this really softens up my new growth. I wash once weekly with diluted creme of nature shampoo. I wouldn't use infusium on a daily basis. I would use it once a week. Sometimes I-23 can be harsh on your hair if overused. It is a good idea to dilute it.

sithembile

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

Welcome to the LHCF.

Lately, I've been shampooing my hair once a week (do conditioner rinses (not conditioner washes) the other days). When I shampoo my hair more often, it doesn't harm my hair. A lot of the ladies here dilute their shampoo. I think it's a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra, what's the difference between a conditioner rinse and wash?
Thanks

Allandra

When I do conditioner rinses, I don't manipulate my scalp. I just wet my hair, apply conditioner and rinse it out. This is what I call a conditioner rinse. HTH.

Spagirl

Hi HairFanatic01....Welcome to LHCF

I have relaxed hair that is worn in "Protective Styles".
Every 4 days I alternate between a shampoo/conditioner routine and a conditioner only routine.

sweetcocoa

I shampoo 3 times a week with dilluted shampoo(lathering up only once). I just do plain rinses(with distilled water) the other times. Unless I'm wearing my hair down for that week...then it's just the shampoos. The extra moisture is definitly good for my hair and has helped my acheieve faster growth.

daviine

I haven't done them lately, but in the past I used to conditioner rinses. I love them.

Lately, I've been washing my hair with diluted shampoo, and like SweetCocoa, I only lather once because I've been doing it so frequently.

I usually wash my hair 2x a week...anything more becomes a conditioning rinse.

Integrity

[ QUOTE ]
I do conditioner washes by applying the conditioner to my scalp and massaging in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think massaging a conditioner into your SCALP may cause build up and itching and flaking. have you had this problem?

sithembile

Pandora, when I massage conditioner into my scalp I also itch, unless I did a full shampoo. Thats why I focus more on the hair and make sure to rinse the scalp well.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Pandora, when I massage conditioner into my scalp I also itch, unless I did a full shampoo. Thats why I focus more on the hair and make sure to rinse the scalp well.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is why I just basically rinse...my scalp itches also if I massage it in. If I feel my scalp needs washing than I just shampoo lightly...

HairFanatic01

THANKS YOU GUYS..... YOU KNOW I WILL DILUTE THE INFUSIUM 23. And I'll try to do the conditioner washes also. You guys have benn a great help to me.