How often....

G

Do you clarify?

What do you use: Clarifying shampoo, Apple Cider, or Baking Soda/water rinse?

Do you see the real benefits of clarifying weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly?

Angelicus

Probably every week and a half. I get a lot of gunk in my hair. I use the diluted ACV rinse. this has really allieviate my dandruff problem

chocochiquita86

i do every 1-2 weeks using baking soda and water b/c i use some silicone based products...my hair feels pretty good when i do, but kind of hard when i don't.

BamaFro

I alternatre between Pantene Purity Shampoo and baking soda. I've found that baking soda is a lot gentler on my tresses.

candycane

If I remember, I do it about everything 3 weeks. I use a clarifying shampoo by Neutragena. However, last week I decided to mix baking soda with my shampoo and I liked the results much better.

Candycane

LABETT

I use Lanza deep cleasing shampoo the best clarifying shampoo I have ever used
every three weeks to get rid of build up on my hair.

dstdiva

honestly, i clarify whenever i think of it, which is about...every other month or so! i'm bad. i usually do an ACV. how do you use baking soda to clarify?

soslychic

Is baking soda really an effective manner of clarifying. I was thinking of trying it and that way I could dump the sls (or maybe als?)that is in suave daily clarifying. How much baking soda do you all use? Would once a week (everytime I shampoo with shampoo) be too often to use the baking soda?

G

I think most people mix the baking soda with water and run it through their scalp....

babyblue

I clarify with baking soda about 1xmonth. I either mix it with my shampoo or I do a rinse by adding a couple of teaspoons to a jug of water and then run it through my hair.

G

when you add the baking soda with water...do you use it before shampooing or after? are the results good?

Marseeya

currently I'm using vo5 clarifier and every seventh day or so. pending on how much vaseline and conditioners I used in the previous days. I'm getting very good results so far and haven't decided to space the time out further.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I use Sauve Daily Clarifying Shampoo when I get a lot of buildup or when my scalp starts itching like crazy. But I dilute my shampoo.

Kaela

I clarify approx. every two weeks, or sooner depending how my hair is feeling. I know I need to clarify when my hair feels 'gummy' when its damp (too much conditioning products) or when my ends are crunchy despite what I put on them (too much product on ends preventing moisture from absorbing). I use Joico Resolve, I've found it to be effective but also mild.

karezone

I try to clarify about every 2.5 to 3 weeks. I swim 2-3 times per week when classes are in session and the pool is open. I am afraid that the chlorine may be ruining my hair so next semester, I will be investing in a swimming cap.

babyblue

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
when you add the baking soda with water...do you use it before shampooing or after? are the results good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the rinse before I shampoo. This way the majority of the buildup is rinsed away and then when i add my shampoo my hair is able to lather up better on the first attempt.

Babygurl

I actually clarify my hair with Neutralizing shampoo...it works great. I clarify whenever I feel my hair needs it, which is usually once a month.