How Often ?

Hot40

How often is it safe to curl with a curling Iron.
I received my retouch today, and I want to wear
my hair in styles that arent so curly (roller set)

Please provide me with safe means to style without
wearing my hair so curly.

I posted a photo of How It looks since retouch
Note: she did apply heat today to flat iron and curl

oh, more great news did not need a trim .
Last trim was in June 2008 --- on my way baby.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 14

Tarae

Your hair looks good. I can't really answer the question since I've pretty much stopped direct heat, and what works for some may not work for others.

You can wrap/cross wrap so it isn't as curly. Also, I make a few pretty loose pin curls at night and the next day my hair isn't too curly.

foxieroxienyc

Girl get you some Caruso's, or the vidal sasson steam rollers.... You can use them daily and get the same look as curling irons or magnetic rollers. It's a worthy investment.

hillytmj

oh, more great news did not need a trim .
Last trim was in June 2008 --- on my way baby.

Congrats on "not needing a trim." I experienced the same excitedment and delight earlier this week. I have never had a hairstylist tell me this before.

Back to the question at hand...how often can you use a curling iron. When I started my hair journey to restore healthy hair, my stylist recommended that I avoid them at all costs unless it's a true emergency (I'm talking a few times a year).

You can easily get a straighter look while still doing a rollerset (which I've done for about 7 years now). After you take the rollers out, wrap your hair. You can do this for a few minutes (about 5) or longer if you want a straighter look. This will give you a lot of body in your hair and still maintain that sleek look.

To keep that look, I usually sleep with my hair in a high ponytail at night and put a roller or two on the ends (to keep the ends "bumped"). Also, wrap your head with a silk scarf so that only your ponytail is out. When you take it down in the morning, you will still have a lot of body. If it's still too curly or bouncy for you, wrap it again for a few minutes. It will relax the curl.

In a nutshell, that's the benefit of a roller set. You have essentially "set" your curls and you can style your hair in a number of ways.

This photo shows how my hair looks after I do the wrap after the roller set. I had it wrapped for about 30 minutes.

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 1