Which do you prefer?

When not wearing your natural hair, what style do you prefer?

• Straight

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Curly

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Wavy

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • I only wear my natural texture

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krissyhair

Natural haired women, when it is time to change your hairstyle and switch from wearing your natural texture to a different style, what do you prefer? Straight styles or curly, wavy styles?

I like wearing a curly style like a roller set, curl former set or satin sponge roller set. Back in the day I would blow dry and use a curling iron. Seems like I identify more with a curly hair style than with a bone straight one. Plus, I never get my fine hair to lay down right. It's always flying away.

prettybyrd

I prefer curly. I like straight styles, but I don't like how they look on me. I am wearing more roller sets now, and it's a very welcome change to my typical natural texture look.

Fhrizzball

I prefer fluffy hair styles so I will comb out all the curl pattern in my hair and then do a braid/twist out so that the end result is very cloud like. With straight hair I never know how to style it and my set styles such at curlformers and perm rod sets don't last long so end up in a tye of braid/twist out or bun style as well.

Melaninme

I prefer to wear it curly/wavy. I do wear it straight at times also, however, that's only two to three times a year.

RegaLady

Wavy or stretched braidout/twistout hair I found looks best on me when I am ready to switch hairstyles. I have tried bone straight and it does NOTHING for my features. I need some volumn and some "oomph".

danniegirl

i haven had my hair straight in almost 4 years i wouldnt know what to do with flat hair oh and before going natural i wore only curly styles

krissyhair

I've been wearing this curl former set for 3 days and I really like it combed out and fluffy.

My fine hair always has volume because it weighs less than a feather, so straight looks messy, but curls look glamorous and big.

Lexsmarie

I like the curl formers, perm rods and braid outs. In general I enjoy the versatility of hair. Straight hair is becoming boring and plain IMO

Stormy

I also wear my hair curly or wavy. I have pretty much given up on straight styles unless I'm wearing a bun or a roll-tuck or something. Otherwise, straight styles just don't work for me.

Victoria44

I would prefer straight so I can see and play with my full length of hair, but I think curly/wavy would look better on me.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I prefer straight styles. I'm much more adept at using my blow dryer and flat iron than rollersetting.