how straight is enough??

Lovelylocs

I just got a relaxer about 4 weeks ago and already it seems like I need a retouch. The stylist didn't relax my hair all of the way she just got it straight enough to be able to get a comb through it and to be able to blow dry it straight. Is this a good or a bad thing? Will my hair be able to be straightened with a blow out without undergoing that intense heat at the scalp? Will the difference in textures from when my hair is not blown out cause breakage?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Just make sure you dont use too much heat on your hair. you might wanna try protective styling while waiting for your next relaxer touch-up.

Karonica

That's the thing I hate about underprocessed hair. If my hair is realxed straight enough, it will dry straight and no heat is really required. But with underprocessed hair, it curls up and I have to be careful when combing it. It totally messes up my air-drying experience.

Do you really want to wear straight styles? Maybe you can do a rollerset, sit under the dryer, and once the hair is dry, add a touch of oil and wrap it.
Or, you can just do a wrap after shampooing, but this takes longer to dry.