For those that blowdry...WITHOUT THE COMB

Je Ne Sais Quoi

How in tarnations are you able to blow dry your hair without the comb attachment? I am at a loss. When I blow dry my hair I must use the comb attachment if not my hair will not be straight. How are yall doing it and still getting the hair prepped for flat ironing? You can't just be using your fingers right???

Catina72

I use a brush also. Mine has "ventilation holes" (?) and the air goes through as I brush section by section and it gets pretty straight. I use it very infrequently because it isn't a boar brush and I'm avoiding heat like the plague!;)

sylver2

I use a round soft bristle brush. I Hold the dryer with one hand while twirling the hair around the brush with other

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Thank you for the responses!

Now, riddle me this:

1) Whats wrong with the comb attachment?

2) Isn't using a brush just as bad? How is it better?

I've never noticed a problem using the comb attachment but maybe I'm just not paying attention. I feel at odds with using it when so many women here succesfully blow dry with out it. How long did it take you guys to get used to using the brush?

sylver2

*Bre~Bre* said:
Thank you for the responses!

Now, riddle me this:

1) Whats wrong with the comb attachment?

2) Isn't using a brush just as bad? How is it better?

I've never noticed a problem using the comb attachment but maybe I'm just not paying attention. I feel at odds with using it when so many women here succesfully blow dry with out it. How long did it take you guys to get used to using the brush?

For me I use both.
I section hair then on each section I use the comb to dry hair from soaking wet. So it won't be direct heat. Then while its damp or 90% dry I use the brush and that gets my roots straight and also gives me a bouncy curl at the end. Sort of like the dominican blowout.

sassyhair

I use my denman brush, I get my hair straighter and smoother using this. That's how they do my hair in the salon too. I part my hair section by section and proceed, then when Im done while aiming the dryer following my hand I wrap my hair. This way it lays flatter rather than having tons of volume.

leleepop

If I going to flat iron anyway I wont use the blow dryer. I sit under a hooded dryer and flatten with my hands periodically. Then I just flatiron. If I want to blowdry I use my Jibere shower comb. It comes out poofy regadless.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

leleepop said:
If I going to flat iron anyway I wont use the blow dryer. I sit under a hooded dryer and flatten with my hands periodically. Then I just flatiron. If I want to blowdry I use my Jibere shower comb. It comes out poofy regadless.

When you do this then flatiron is your hair rough or smooth afterwards? I think I will try the brush method next go round but I guess isn't using a brush while blow drying still the same as using the attachment? And still why is the attachment bad for the hair?

leleepop

*Bre~Bre* said:
When you do this then flatiron is your hair rough or smooth afterwards? I think I will try the brush method next go round but I guess isn't using a brush while blow drying still the same as using the attachment? And still why is the attachment bad for the hair?
I guess any extra manipulation can cause breakage that why I dont really blowdry. Yes I do get the same results without blowdrying as long as I section with duckbill,or clips....but I do limit this also.

chayil0427

I use a ceramic round brush. it has widely spaced flexible plastic bristles with protective rubber tips. I put in a little Silken Seal and blow dry with the dryer set to just barely warm...just enough for it not to feel cool. I use an ionic dryer so the dryer time is like 1/4th and I can get my hair silky smooth on an almost cool setting. Hope that helps.

Chayil

Undefeated Queen

I place my ion blow dryer in a stand and blow dry my hair in sections with a comb. I never use a brush. It gets really straight. I never have to flat iron my hair.