How to be a godly woman

LifeafterLHCF

I have this yearning to be all I can be in the army of God that is.I want to be a woman of the truth,of strength,of power.I have alot of issues where I know the devil loves to hit me about being a godly woman.When I fail in my sexual purity(self gratification) I feel that Im a freak and will never get a husband.

I know that I have to be healed before I can ever get a blessing of a godly good man.I want to know from you ladies besides books which I will start to look into what are some tips on being a godly woman.Im starting to listen to sermons,watch videos,and anything i can get my hands on to learn what it means and how to be a woman of godly character.

Im learning im not a hoe,itch,disgusting,failure.I have worth and value.I want to be a mother one day,I want to be a good wife,and I want to embrace my personality which is bold,loud,and intelligent.Im learning how not to say things ie..when I see a handsome man not to tell him he is fine.

It feels so hard not to not be so bold.Im bold in situations that I feel God compel me to be.I feel bold right now by being so open.In my blogs lately I have felt God pull out of me things I would rather keep private.But no growth comes in the dark.

I appreciate you ladies so much.More than you ever know.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Blessings to you on your journey. One of the wonderful things about walking with the Lord is that it only gets better from here.

chrstndiva

Wanting to be a godly woman is a noble goal and I pray blessings on your journey.

You are doing a lot of the right things by seeking after the things of God, but remember your prayer and devotional life are crucial in this walk. Spend time talking and communing with God (prayer), but also spend as much time listening to Him as He speaks to your spirit (meditation). Meditate on the scriptures or play some worship music and just praise Him. Spend time with Him.

When I was single, my church's single's ministry pastor encouraged us to have special time with God set aside or "date" time. I would go to the beach before sunrise and just talk to Him and praise Him and I could feel His presence. I had a special spot and that will always be me and God's special place.

LifeafterLHCF

Wanting to be a godly woman is a noble goal and I pray blessings on your journey.

You are doing a lot of the right things by seeking after the things of God, but remember your prayer and devotional life are crucial in this walk. Spend time talking and communing with God (prayer), but also spend as much time listening to Him as He speaks to your spirit (meditation). Meditate on the scriptures or play some worship music and just praise Him. Spend time with Him.

When I was single, my church's single's ministry pastor encouraged us to have special time with God set aside or "date" time. I would go to the beach before sunrise and just talk to Him and praise Him and I could feel His presence. I had a special spot and that will always be me and God's special place.

This is really going to be a my point of growth.I know that I don't have this daily certain time.I have bouts like today where God place a thought in my mind about something..today happened to be what does it take to be a godly woman.I know as I learn that my wounds will be healed.I want to pour into other sisters but I want to make sure Im right and full.

sidney

Obtain the fruit of the spirit that the bible talks about, patience, kindness, meekness,etc. Study the Proverbs 31 woman. Spend time with women who have godly traits.

chrstndiva

This is really going to be a my point of growth.I know that I don't have this daily certain time.I have bouts like today where God place a thought in my mind about something..today happened to be what does it take to be a godly woman.I know as I learn that my wounds will be healed.I want to pour into other sisters but I want to make sure Im right and full.

Spending time with Him will allow Him to fill you.

Start with just 5 minutes a day and build from there. The time doesn't have to be spent all at one time, you can spread it throughout the day. On my hectic days, I do 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, etc. Your prayer and devotional life will grow and blossom as you do. :rosebud:

LifeafterLHCF

Spending time with Him will allow Him to fill you.

Start with just 5 minutes a day and build from there. The time doesn't have to be spent all at one time, you can spread it throughout the day. On my hectic days, I do 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, etc. Your prayer and devotional life will grow and blossom as you do. :rosebud:

Wow I didn't know you could break it up over the day or do just 5 minutes..I thought I would need a hour or so..that the case I do alot of mediating..I just need to do more reading...

chrstndiva

Wow I didn't know you could break it up over the day or do just 5 minutes..I thought I would need a hour or so..that the case I do alot of mediating..I just need to do more reading...

5 minutes was just a suggestion for starting if you are new to this and don't have a regular prayer/devotional life. More is definitely better. Breaking it up over the day is for when my day is just crazy and I can't seem to get a solid block of time during the course of the day. You have to get in the habit of doing this so that it just becomes part of your day.

BeautifulFlower

Girl...you and me here...I really want to unleash Christ's power that lives inside of me. I am so happy that you have come to a place where you want to give Christ your all. I recently developed a schedule where a set aside time everyday after work to commune with God in prayer and reading. Reading is SOOO important because its easy to believe things that contrary to the word of God when you dont really know the Word.

Blessings to you...

LifeafterLHCF

Girl...you and me here...I really want to unleash Christ's power that lives inside of me. I am so happy that you have come to a place where you want to give Christ your all. I recently developed a schedule where a set aside time everyday after work to commune with God in prayer and reading. Reading is SOOO important because its easy to believe things that contrary to the word of God when you dont really know the Word.

Blessings to you...

PrettyfaceANB it good to see Im not only in my desire.Im getting more into the bible.Im also more receptive to God spirit.I feel when I write sometimes its not me its God working through.It blows me away.

mz tracy 25

Girl I'm on the same quest as you - to be the virtuous woman that he designed me to be. All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God, so don't beat yourself up when you fall. Just get back up. Stay encouraged and be blessed.

Chrissy811

Girl I'm on the same quest as you - to be the virtuous woman that he designed me to be. All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God, so don't beat yourself up when you fall. Just get back up. Stay encouraged and be blessed.

This is excellent advice, because discouragement is one of the enemy's main arsenals.

poookie

thank you all so much for this thread. i've been wondering the same thing lately: how can i become a more virtuous woman? subscribing to this thread, & wonderful advice so far :)

LifeafterLHCF

thank you all so much for this thread. i've been wondering the same thing lately: how can i become a more virtuous woman? subscribing to this thread, & wonderful advice so far :)

Im so happy that your being blessed by this.I really am eager to go deeper with the Lord in my role of being a woman,one day a wife and mother.I want the generational curses to stop with me..esp with my possible children..we will grow..its coming because when you desire something bad enough you will seek it out like we do some hair products.

Pooks

I've been observing your transformation and it is a beautiful sight to behold.

You've been given good advice by previous posters about spending time in God's presence, definitely do that. When we are seeking after the things of God we will always find what we need (Matt 5:6), and his Word will guide you (Psalm 119:105).

Older/more spiritually mature women that can counsel you, talk to you about real life situations, not just being so spiritual they can't relate to you on a real human being level, are a wonderful resource! I've been blessed with such women around me, it's great believe me. Pray that you find someone like this if there is no one around you right now with these qualities. There are some right here on this board as I'm sure you know :yep:

Regarding your desire for a godly husband, God will withold no good gift from you, though it may take healing time and preparation, and it is never an easy ride, take heart from this Scripture:

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.