How to dress up a short, curly fro???

Porsche19

I have a date! :grin:

Anyways, this guy is used to me wearing my hair out. I put on a headband and it's good to go. I don't do anything to it. My hair looks to be about 4 inches all around when it's not straightened. So I wanna spice it up a little, especially since I'm doing a touch up and mya hair is going to look a little longer.

I have a bunck of clips and barretttes and stuff that I never use. I jut don't know... what kind of a way to style it or what would look nice. I'm alla bout healthy hair but lacking in the hair styling department.

Does anyone have any pics of a souped up afro or can any naturals/texturized people help me out?

Hello,
Way back when I did the BC and wore my hair about 1-2" long all over, I used to condition it and leave it in with a bit of gel or mousse to perk up the curls,and give hold. Then for dress up, I would add small flowers to it on one side. This was before it became fashionable to have flowered barrettes. Now larger flowers are all the rage, you could tuck one behind an ear for a real retro look (think Billie Holiday, Josaphine Baker, Nina Simone). :)

Country gal

ravensunshine said:
Hello,
Way back when I did the BC and wore my hair about 1-2" long all over, I used to condition it and leave it in with a bit of gel or mousse to perk up the curls,and give hold. Then for dress up, I would add small flowers to it on one side. This was before it became fashionable to have flowered barrettes. Now larger flowers are all the rage, you could tuck one behind an ear for a real retro look (think Billie Holiday, Josaphine Baker, Nina Simone). :)

I do this. I love my curly afro but now sporting twists. I wore a flower to a roaring twenties party. It looked cute.

Belle Du Jour

My staple style right now is a pretty scarf used as a headband. I can alter the placement of the scarf to change the look. (low puff, high puff, afro, etc).

Don't forget earrings and lipgloss!