how to get Squeaky Clean scalp?

Kaela

Anyone know how to do this w/o stripping the hair too much?
I feel like no matter how much I rinse, and even if I don't put conditioner directly on my scalp, scratching a fingernail against it there is residue (sorry gross). Although my hair is dry, my scalp can't get oils on it for too long or it freaks out.

Any suggestions?

Karonica

Are you using CON?

Anyways, a good clarifying shampoo may help, although the only one I've used is Suave, and that does the job.

Also, I've never tried this, but have you ever done an ACV rinse? I've read raves about them.

JenJen2721

It depends on what type of oils you use...I found that massaging jojoba oil mixed with some essential oils into my scalp the night before I shampoo, helps remove some residue from the scalp and helps my shampoo clean better without stripping the hair. Last night I used jojoba w/a few drops of peppermint eo. What type of shampoo do you use?

Tracy

I've heard of people using Vitamin C powder in their shampoo.

As far as I know, it has this very effect. A squeaky clean scalp.

PrettyBrownEyes

It depends on the shampoo, at least for me it has. I tried the Breakthru Shampoo and had the same type of problem your describing. For me, some shampoos just don't get my scalp clean enough.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you massage your scalp with the pads of your fingers while you're washing?

Nonie

Do you use an ACV rinse? My way of making sure I get a squeaky clean scalp is to submerge my head in a dilute ACV solution and give myself a nice massage. My head feels oh so good afterwards. Even better after conditioning with UBH conditioner.
The peppermint in the UBH gives my scalp that "just brushed" feeling...(or is that a line with re: to teeth.
) Alternatively, you can do an overnight treatment by making a concoction of penetrating oils (eg jojoba, emu, avocado or coconut with a few drops of peppermint or rosemary essential oils) applying it to your hair or scalp and sleeping in a plastic cap. Then in the morning, don't shampoo, but just do an ACV rinse, head submerged again for a good scalp massage. Concentrate on your scalp not your hair; use your fingertips not your nails. The cooler the water the better. Your hair should look nice and shiny afterwards and your scalp should feel oh so good. I usually follow this with a serum, but you can apply your choice of leave-ins on your wet hair. I like oils coz they enhance the shine.

If you still find you have gunk on your scalp, you might wanna try using castille soap for your scalp only (don't worry if it goes into your hair but the focus is to clean the scalp) and then concentrate your moisturizing/detangling/conditioning shampoo and conditioner on just your hair not your scalp. End this wash with an ACV rinse and you should feel your scalp go "aaah!"

HTH

ms_kenesha

Use a nozzle to attach to your shampoo bottle and before wetting your hair sections your hair and squeeze shampoo directly on your scalp, then massage into your scalp with the pads of your fingers and wait approx 5-10 minutes to rinse out the shampoo, you can then condition or shampoo one more time the regular way. This really works when you use a tingly shampoo, I use Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree shampoo.

Kaela

Thanks for all the responses ladies!!

To answer the questions:
--Don't use CON, it was residue overload

--I used to use ACV before shampooing, but I had been reading on the board that it was best *after* shampooing, but then the SMELL wouldn't go away, so I stopped. I think I have also a bad batch of vinegar...
--I have been using Aubrey Organics shampoos, and occasionally Joico Resolve. Although I wanted to try to stay more "organic", but I might need to go back to an SLS shampoo

Really like the suggestions above...I will try these!!!

Nonie

Hey, for the ACV rinse, here's a suggestion that might leave a better smell. Funny I don't notice the smell in my hair.
Ya think it's time to get my nose examined? That maybe everyone else does?

OK, here ya go:

[ QUOTE ]
Essential Oil Vinegar Rinse
<ul type="square">2 tablespoons (8 teaspoons/40 ml) apple cider vinegar
20 drops lavender oil
20 drops rosemary oil
10 drops geranium oil (or lemon oil if hair is oily)
Rain or distilled water
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine [/list]

Mix essential oils and vinegar together in a 300ml spray bottle. Fill up with purified or rain water. Shake well before use.

To use: Rinse the hair after shampooing then spray thoroughly with the vinegar rinse. Don't rinse out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Source: http://www.neryspurchon.com/recipes/haircare1.html

I imagine you can use the same recipe for a complete rinse and not just a spray. I plan on trying that some time.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Use a nozzle to attach to your shampoo bottle and before wetting your hair sections your hair and squeeze shampoo directly on your scalp, then massage into your scalp with the pads of your fingers and wait approx 5-10 minutes to rinse out the shampoo, you can then condition or shampoo one more time the regular way. This really works when you use a tingly shampoo, I use Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree shampoo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I use this method that Kenesha uses (got it from her - thanks girl). I love it. It's the only way I shampoo my hair.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I use this method that Kenesha uses (got it from her - thanks girl). I love it. It's the only way I shampoo my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome Allandra!
It's the only way I shampoo now, too.
I always felt that my scalp wasn't getting clean enough, but now I know it is!