HOW TO GET THICKER HAIR?

Wolftrap

My hair is so thin. Although it is healthy I have just always had thin hair. Is there a product that I can use that will make my hair thicker?

Barbi

You should use a conditioning shampoo such as Creme of Nature followed by a good leave in treatment. I use IC by Fantasia and I love it. It will make your hair grow fast. You should also roller set your hair instead of blowing out straight. This gives your hair a fuller look and feel.

Wolftrap

I already do all that you mentioned. I always roller set and use a deep conditoner every week. my hair has just always been thin all my life but I would like to thicken it up. I thought there would be some kind of something i can put in it that was specifically for thin hair.

Ebony

people have been using Nioxin products and also B5 aka pantothenic acid vits. my hair is thin-med, more med after a wash n go. i've been taking B5 since Dec. & think it is making a difference being that there are times now when i comb my hair out & the comb actually gets stuck. this never happened before 1-2 mths post touch-up.

Chichi

Vitamin B5 helps thicken the hair. Also, in your regimen, I see that you go to the Dominican stylists once a week. I used to do that and if they are brushing through the entire length of your hair then this could also thin the hair out. Maybe alternate this routine and go every other week.

Wrapping the hair frequently also thins out the hair. The minute I stopped wrapping my hair every night, it thickened my hair tremendously.
HTH

Chichi

Isis

When I used to use a blowdryer and other heat utensils, my hair was the thinnest. I've been air drying instead during the last 7 months and I stay away from all heat appliances (although I may buy a flat iron one of these days). Besides vit B5, don't forget about the carrot juice. Drinking carrot juice daily will also thicken your hair.

AFashionSlave

Wolftrap,
How much MSM are you taking? Are you taking MSM? I've been taking MSM for the past year and my hair is almost twice as thick as it used to be. I don't think that MSM is actually making my hairs thicker but I do believe that my hair is shedding 75% less than normal. I shed less so more hair stays on my head.

Here is a pic of me about 4-5 months ago. In this picture I had been taking MSM for a few months. I always thought that my hair was thick but now that I look back you can see a huge difference in the thickness of the ends of my hair. Look – My ends used to be see through. My entire head used to look just like the thin ends in this picture. Since I took this photo I have cut off the see- through ends. (Please ignore how pale I am in this photo...the flash was kinda bright)

Here is my most recent photo. My ends are not see through anymore. I could be wrong but I think that the MSM has contributed to the thickness of my hair. MSM has been the only supplement that I have been consistent with over the past year.

Both of the photos above are picked out fros I did not use a blowdyer on either of them. So the comparison is consistant.

...also there are tons of thickening shampoos and conditioners on the market. Maybe you should try one from a brand name that you know and trust...it's just an idea.

Oh I also agree with the others on this thread. Roller setting will give your hair the appearance of being thicker than it really is.

Good luck!

(WOW! I'm guess I'm nothin but a photo whore.
This is the third photo that I've posted on this board in the past two days!)

ChocoKitty

Wow AFashionSlave your Fro is spectacular!!! Photo whore my petuttie! Thank you postin' those pics!

I don't remember the title of the thread but some people said Black Castor Oil works. I just ordered 2 bottles today from jamaicaplace.com. I don't usually use oils but I figured I could start hot oiling my hair with it. i want my hair to be thicker.

L

LaNecia

Choco,

If you get a response back from JamaicaPlace, do let us know!!!

Thanks!

caralexis2005

i am a fine haired gal (my strands are fine and easily weighed down) but I realized how thick my hair (not the strands but all together) could be by doing the following things...in order from getting maximum thickness to medium thickness...
-stop relaxing all together
-stop relaxing hair totally straight (bone straight)
-stop using heat
-stop using brushes (paddle brushes are not as bad/bristles are a no no)
-stop using fine toothed combs

hth

free2bme

Nexxus Headress is a volumising leave in conditioner I use with my roller sets. It always gives me nice body.

Wolftrap

I don't let the dominicans blow through my hair all the way only the roots when it is close to touch up time.

I do wrap my hair nightly. Is there an alternative that will give similar results as wrapping but without the wrapping?

shoelover1972

AFashionSlave - that is one 'fro

Hi Wolfwrap - I agree with Anky & others. I stopped wrapping my hair as the back started to break. At night I just tuck my hair under very lightly and put my satin scarf on. Then in the morning I put my hair in rollers before I have a bath, get dressed etc. This would be for about 1hr. When it is close to touch-up I wear rollers all night. If you wear rollers all night make sure you wear enough so as not to strain any of your hair. Also I never use pins when wearing rollers. I always use clips that you use for pin curls.
HTH

Lorraine

I to have noticed my rapidly getting thinner in just fie months since I removed my weave. How do you keep the moisture in your hair at night if you aren't wrapping it, though?

LABETT

I saw a lady with real thick hair and I asked her was her hair always that thick and she said she used Castor Oil and Blue Magic hair grease and so did all her family members.
I just started back using Castor Oil and the Surge has helped also.I take 2000mg of Solaray B5.
I have been using Jason's Thin TO Thick Shampoo and Conditioner for about a month.

Valerie

Fashion slave, according to my grandmother, you have big hair, and it very lovely, congratulations. B5, castor oil and MSM all will to increase your hair strands.

L

LaNecia

Sorry to hear that, it's been about 3 weeks since I ordered some, no email, call, billing, NOTHING!

ChocoKitty

Okay! So I'm not alone... :whew: I was about to freak out. I'm going to find some other places that sell it! I'll let you know if I find someone reputable!

miss_brown

is how I feel about JP.com.

Those fools did not reply to any of my phone calls, emails, or customer service requests on the website. It is OVER. I gave them a week, and sent them an email telling them to CANCEL my order and that disobeying these instructions constituted fraud. They are trifling. Period.