Super Thin Ends

Kayanna1212

i hate thin ends and got trimmed there still thin it makes my hair look so short these DANG thin ENDS!! im completly goin' to stop puttin perm on my ends i think thats thinning them out more!! :(
HOW CAN I MAKE MY ENDS LOOK THICKER!!
and How can i make my hair look thicker lol ;O

Evolving78

i am sorry to hear about that. what is your regimen? well you said it yourself, stop putting relaxer on your ends and start deep conditioning with a balance of protein and moisture. stay away from heat for awhile. moisturize your hair and seal with castor oil. (just a little) easy up on combing too.

Kayanna1212

i just perm my ends i guess not thinking.

Regimen:
Wash ORS Every 2 weeks
Deep Condition 1 month Apghoee/ORS Hair Mayo
Mostiurize With ORS Olive Oil and Triple Mouisture
And use Castor oil to seal and Use Avcado Oil to Seal
Olive Oil Heat Treatment every 3 months

quasimodi

Regimen:
Wash ORS Every 2 weeks

Hmmm. How long have you been on this regimen?

It seems that you don't have any moisturizing deep conditioners as
your staple. Aphogee and ORS Hair Mayo are both proteins, which, if overused can cause breakage. I'd definitely recommend

How often do you moisturize? The ORS Olive oil (has Cyclomethicone and Petrolatum) and Neutrogena may be a bit too heavy for you and might be coating your hair, preventing you from getting moisture.

I don't think there's a real way of making the ends you have thicker. Your only way to achieve thicker ends is to, with time, patience and good hair practices, grow your hair out nice and thick, and then cut off your your think ends.

BonBon

Stop relaxing your ends. If you have multiple times you may have to grow out the damage and keep trimming, there's no way to make them thicker (that I know of) without growing it out and only applying to the roots.

Pompous Blue

I'm relaxed and found this thread about applying Silk Amino Acids before a touch-up very helpful. After a 10-week stretch, before my touch-up, I used Chi Silk Infusion throughout my hair including the new growth and my new growth came out under-processed. I waited another six weeks to correct the underprocessing and told my hair dresser I had applied Chi Silk Infusion on my hair including the new growth. I asked her to let the relaxer stay on 5 minutes longer than usual. My hair came out perfect.

I’m a believer in NOT relaxing my whole head every time I get a touch-up. But, I’m glad I found a way to protect my ends so that my relaxed hair is protected from future touch-ups. After this successful touch-up, I’m planning on stretching for 12-weeks or more from now on and using SAA or Chi Silk Infusion to protect my relaxed hair and the new growth.
The science of preventing relaxer damage by using silk

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=112817

I don't think there's a real way of making the ends you have thicker. Your only way to achieve thicker ends is to, with time, patience and good hair practices, grow your hair out nice and thick, and then cut off your your think ends.
Stop relaxing your ends. If you have multiple times you may have to grow out the damage and keep trimming, there's no way to make them thicker (that I know of) without growing it out and only applying to the roots.
I agree with quasimodi and Tickledpinkies. Before I joined LHCF I had thin ends and thought that was just the way my hair was. But after reading a lot of threads about taking care of relaxed hair, I realized I had to trim my thin ends as my hair grew. My hair is now thicker; now that I protect my pre-relaxed hair from further perm damage by using SAA before every touch-up.

Sorry this was so long....

Kellum

Regimen:
Wash ORS Every 2 weeks

Definately stop relaxing your ends. Relaxer should only be applied root to tip for a virgin relaxer. All other times you should only relax the new growth unless you are doing a corrective and are knowledgeable in doing that without damage. Your ends are most likely over processed from the continuous relaxing.

You also need to up your DC'ing. I would do that at least once a week maybe twice a week. Hope that helps.

SelfStyled

Hey there you have already received some excellent points- just wanted to add.

Stay away from direct heat, make sure you protect you relaxed ends when you are relaxing. And please do not ever put relaxer creme on your ends ever again.

I just wanted to share this picture, my ends used to be really thin too. When my stylist applied relaxer creme to my ends, they snapped right off. I had to get my hair cut into a bob. That setback cost me a year, but looking back it was worth it because now my ends are much thicker.

Bianna125

I have this same exact problem! Some things that have worked for me:

1) Wash once at week (at least)
2) DC EVERY TIME YOU WASH... no exceptions!
3) Baggy your ends every other night after you moisturize and seal
4) Co wash with a moisturizing conditioner at least once a week
5) Moisturize and seal every day
6) Sleep in a silk or satin scarf

I feel if you do these basic things your hair will flourish! Check out my fotki for pics and my reggie. My hair looked similar to where SelfStyled started! Also try hiding your hair for a few weeks with wigs or phony ponies. You will be able to give your hair a rest from heat styling, but still pamper it every night. :grin: It wont change overnight, but consistency with a good regimine is the key.

Hope this helps!

~NanCeBoTwin~

I don't have anything different to add, I just want to reitterate the following:

Stop relaxing your ends, only relax the NG.
Add a moisturizing DC to you reggie.