How to Maintain a Braid Out?

Chichi

Hi Ladies,

How do you maintain a braid out? I tried my first braid out last week and it came out great. I wanted the style to last for three days... The first day it came out like a straw set and I was loving it. The next day though it was flat in spots and not the same. Let's not even talk about the third day... I just put it up.

So how do you maintain a braid out. How do you maintain it at night (maybe that was my problem)?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Chichi

You are not alone. I have the very same problem, except sometimes my baid out does not last for 24 hrs. I have tried re-braiding at night, sleeping with a satin bonnet, and rinsing and or spritzing the hair in the morning, but nothing works.

KinksnCurlz

What I've been doing, since I've learned how to perfect the style from Peachtree, is rebraiding my hair at night and spraying it with s-curl. Once that's done, i put on my satin bonnet and im off to sleep. Then, in the morning, i take the braids out (my hair is dry) and looks as great as it did the day before.

BlkMane

I do the same thing as CaramelHonee only I use Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cream as my leave-in for braidouts. Rebraiding at night, applying more cream AND curling the ends with perm rods (AND sleeping with a scarf) works for me.

Tonya

I have tried rebraiding and it does not work. I try to redo mine every 2 to 3 days because fro some reason my hair is drier when in this style. So this is my secind day adn it looks just as good as it did yesterday all I did was scrunch it up and put on a satin cap. then added some John Freeida's Texture control Serum and fluffed it this morning.

Isis

I rebraid and pin the braids up before going to bed after moisturizing my ends. I don't put anything else on the rest of my hair. I sleep in a satin scarf. Since I do mine on airdried hair, my braidouts are always more defined on day 2 & 3.

Healthb4Length

I got this advice from a member with curly hair (sorry I don't remember who) and she stated that at night before bed, she flips her hair over and then put it up in a satin cap...I've tried this with my curly do and also with my twistouts/braidouts and it lasts me for a 2-3 days without having to rebraid. If you have extra long hair then just put it up in a loose pony tail.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
i just looked in kitchen_tician's album for the thousandth time and saw she wears two ponytails on both sides of her head. I might try that too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MeccaMedinah

[ QUOTE ]
BlkMane said:
I do the same thing as CaramelHonee only I use Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cream as my leave-in for braidouts. Rebraiding at night, applying more cream AND curling the ends with perm rods (AND sleeping with a scarf) works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wear twist outs- but I do the same except I add oil to my creme.

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
I got this advice from a member with curly hair (sorry I don't remember who) and she stated that at night before bed, she flips her hair over and then put it up in a satin cap...I've tried this with my curly do and also with my twistouts/braidouts and it lasts me for a 2-3 days without having to rebraid. If you have extra long hair then just put it up in a loose pony tail.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do u mean by she "flips her hair over"? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Healthb4Length

Bending over(forward) and then let the curls hang down, gently pull on each curl and then while bent over put on a satin cap. Does that make sense, I know it took me a minute to understand...

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
Bending over(forward) and then let the curls hang down, gently pull on each curl and then while bent over put on a satin cap. Does that make sense, I know it took me a minute to understand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now i definitely understand! Thanks for the clarification! /images/graemlins/grin.gif