how to press hair

florida

i saw the pictures of one member(asha) and was totally fascinated
wink.gif
. she has really beautiful hair! i love the straight hair and now i also want to wear my hair straight for a while. she said she uses a pressing comb. how do you use it(i live in germany and we dont have stuff like that because there arent so many people with afro hair)? i searched for it at google.com and it looks like a normal comb but with not so wide tooth and in gold. is it electrical or how isn't it heatet? when you press your hair what products do u put in it?

I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA
drunk.gif

thank you,
mia http://www.fotki.com/florida

Flatironing is much easier and quicker than using a pressing comb IMO and plus the heat is easier to control.

I can press my hair with a pressing comb but it has to be the right kind of comb. A lot of those combs will snag or pull your hair so you have to be careful. I wish I could find the same model pressing comb I have now. I use it to straighten my edges or roots after flatironing if necessary. I like this old comb because it doesn't snag and it lays my hair just right but it needs to be replaced soon.

Oh, pressing combs can be either electric or the kind that you heat on top of a stove or inside a portable stove.

smile.gif
I also have a question, there was a section in Black Sophisticated hair mag, and it showed how to press the hair too look like a fresh prem, does anyone have that copy and info, it is from and few months back, and I really like to see those photos and get that info plz ty
smile.gif

I have a few SBH mags from this year. Do you remember the month or who was on the cover or the name of the article?

thanks for the replay sassy, it had to be june, july or aug, in BSH there is a small booklet, that they have put in the mag, it was in that booklet, it was an article where this man was pressing a natural girls hair, and it came out like a perm, I dont know who was on the cover, but I just wanted that article and that before and after photo, her hair was really nice thanks

Back