how to use a diffuser?

sunshinebeautiful

I just bought a new blowdryer with diffuser attachment for wearing wash-n-go's once the weather turns cold. OK... now that I've bought one... how do you use it? :look:

Suerte

I'd get one with the prongs in it...

Like that one ^^^^

Press the prongs gently to your scalp and let the air circulare for a few moments... then move to another area.

Even on hot... it never feels hot. I dunno why that is. I'd expect it to feel at least warm because the air is being diffused. But no uncomfortable heat and barely any heat at all, actually...will be felt.

I kinda work from the top to the bottom. I plop it across the top row 3 times, across the middle row 3 times, and across the back row 2 or 3 times depending on how much product is in my hair.

sunshinebeautiful

I'd get one with the prongs in it...

Like that one ^^^^

Press the prongs gently to your scalp and let the air circulare for a few moments... then move to another area.

Even on hot... it never feels hot. I dunno why that is. I'd expect it to feel at least warm because the air is being diffused. But no uncomfortable heat and barely any heat at all, actually...will be felt.

I kinda work from the top to the bottom. I plop it across the top row 3 times, across the middle row 3 times, and across the back row 2 or 3 times depending on how much product is in my hair.

Thanks, my diffuser looks just like this. :grin:

How long do you dry each section? Do you take care not to disturb the curl pattern as it dries? Or can I scrunch as I dry?

I'm going to try this out this weekend. Thanks Suerte.

Suerte

Thanks, my diffuser looks just like this. :grin:

How long do you dry each section? Do you take care not to disturb the curl pattern as it dries? Or can I scrunch as I dry?

I'm going to try this out this weekend. Thanks Suerte.

YW

I don't typically scrunch. I kinda just shake it and let stuff fall where it does. Scrunching = disturbing curl pattern. Scrunching seems to work best on wavy hair or relaxed hair that isn't fully relaxed.

Sometimes I dry for 3 minutes each section. The middle takes the longest cuz that's my 3c/4a area and it's... a forest in there. Very dense as well.

You'll figure out what works best for your hair density. You might need more or less time. Each head is different.

HTH

sunshinebeautiful

YW

I don't typically scrunch. I kinda just shake it and let stuff fall where it does. Scrunching = disturbing curl pattern. Scrunching seems to work best on wavy hair or relaxed hair that isn't fully relaxed.

Sometimes I dry for 3 minutes each section. The middle takes the longest cuz that's my 3c/4a area and it's... a forest in there. Very dense as well.

You'll figure out what works best for your hair density. You might need more or less time. Each head is different.

HTH

I'm texlaxed so I have to use product and scrunch to encourage more curl, lol. I will report back on my results.

ladylibra

hmmm... mine looks like that but it is ConAir and it gets HOT on the hot setting... :look:

diffusers can tend to make your hair "bigger" as it dries too, depending on how you use it... just a word of caution. i do it on purpose sometimes cuz i like big hair. :grin: but otherwise i plop and make sure my hair is mostly dry before diffusing, and it takes me about 45 minutes since my hair is thick.

sunshinebeautiful

I couldn't wait until the weekend to try it out. I cowashed this morning and did an oil rinse with EVOO. The diffuser worked like a charm and my hair dried rather quickly without disturbing the curl pattern. It should be no problem to follow this routine throughout the winter months. Thanks. :grin:

sunshinebeautiful

hmmm... mine looks like that but it is ConAir and it gets HOT on the hot setting... :look:

diffusers can tend to make your hair "bigger" as it dries too, depending on how you use it... just a word of caution. i do it on purpose sometimes cuz i like big hair. :grin: but otherwise i plop and make sure my hair is mostly dry before diffusing, and it takes me about 45 minutes since my hair is thick.

I have one of those Ion Tourmaline dryers. I used it on hot and it wasn't HOT.

I actually LOVE big hair. It balances out my big head. :laugh: I have my Tracee Ellis Ross hair going on today. :grin:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I couldn't wait until the weekend to try it out. I cowashed this morning and did an oil rinse with EVOO. The diffuser worked like a charm and my hair dried rather quickly without disturbing the curl pattern. It should be no problem to follow this routine throughout the winter months. Thanks. :grin:

I wanna see a pic!!!! *taps foot and waits (un)patiently) :lachen: