How would you achieve this style on natural hair? (Pic of Beyonce)

zzirvingj

Could you achieve this style with a twist out? Rollerset??

That's alot of hair. But I would like to try something similar on my natural hair, which would hang to about my shoulders if curled up like this.

ETA: Please share pics if you have any that looks like this style or similar on your own hair.

Last edited:

candy1214

hmm...maybe a braid-out on small flexi rods so that the ends will hold a curl?

I wonder what type of weaving hair this is....i wanna duplicate it with clip-ins.

tnorenberg

Very pretty. Maybe set it w/ perm rods, but loosely. I've had a similar style w/ perm rods, but I'm relaxed. I dont know what your natural curl pattern is like, loose or tight?

zzirvingj

tnorenberg said:
Very pretty. Maybe set it w/ perm rods, but loosely. I've had a similar style w/ perm rods, but I'm relaxed. I dont know what your natural curl pattern is like, loose or tight?

My hair texture is VERY TIGHT:

glamazon386

OOOOOH THAT IS SO PRETTY!!! I'm guessing a twist out? Or small rods? :confused: Or maybe you could 2 strand twist your hair and then band it. And take it out? This makes me want my weave back... :(

Last edited:

camellia

The model is very pretty.

I think I could duplicate that look with a twist out on damp hair using small twists.

la flaca

zzirvingj said:
Could you achieve this style with a twist out? Rollerset??

That's alot of hair. But I would like to try something similar on my natural hair, which would hang to about my shoulders if curled up like this.

ETA: Please share pics if you have any that looks like this style or similar on your own hair.

I love the curls (too much hair) if there is a way to get a similar look, I am in:lol:

Last edited:

LoveLiLi

To get my hair to look like that I have to do a braid-out and put flexi rods at the ends. I'm transitioning so most of my hair is still relaxed. I oil it up and put a soft-hold gel in it so it keeps the style for a few days but still has shine. If I want smaller curls I do five or six plaits, but for looser curls I do two french braids.

Miss*Tress

destiny616 said:
braid out or twistout with perm rods, rollers or flexirods on the ends
That's what I do for a similar look. I mix a bit of castor oil with Fantasia IC Gel and put on wet or damp hair first.

bLackButtaFly

I agree w/ the braid out or twistout. To get that definitition I would either do it on wet hair sit under the dryer for alittle to stretch it, and then sleep until dry, I would also do flat twist. I have something like this in my fotki. Or you could do it on dry stretched hair, but you'll have to dampen in alittle to make it stick. When you take it out, don't be discouraged if it looks flat, just keep playing in it and shaking until you get the volume you want. That is so pretty with long hair though.:Flahsssss I can't wait till mine grows out somemore:smirk:

mkstar826

supersonic
twist-out or braid-out. i'd do the twists or braids on damp or dry, stretched hair and leave them in for a day or two and then take them down.

eta:

here's a pic of my hair in a twist-out that's similar but shorter than Beyonce's look. the twists were medium sized. with your length it should look more like hers.

here's a braid-out done w/ smaller braids...the wave pattern is tighter because they were smaller so I think if you want Beyonce's look, definitely keep the twists or braids medium to large sized to give you that elongated wave look.

Last edited:

leleepop

mkstar826 said:
twist-out or braid-out. i'd do the twists or braids on damp or dry, stretched hair and leave them in for a day or two and then take them down.

eta:

here's a pic of my hair in a twist-out that's similar but shorter than Beyonce's look. the twists were medium sized. with your length it should look more like hers.

here's a braid-out done w/ smaller braids...the wave pattern is tighter because they were smaller so I think if you want Beyonce's look, definitely keep the twists or braids medium to large sized to give you that elongated wave look.

This is just beautiful.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Zzirvingj and melanizm, you both have beautiful natural hair. I also like Beyonce's weave. When I look at Beyonce's hair style in that pic, it reminds me of Bublnbrnsuga's braidout. You may want to check out her album and I believe she created a thread about her braidout a while back. ;)

tkj25

twistout or bantu knot-out. start with wet well-conditioned hair. med-sized parts. let fully dry. finger fluff to style. this is a hot look on beyonce.

leleepop

I would also do a warm blowdry to elongate, and then your moisturizer on the ends to seal and curl.

zzirvingj

The thing I really like about this style on her is that it's not too "defined"...it's kind of "bushy", if you will. If you look around the perimeter of her hair, you can see the "fuzziness".

I am assuming this is from "fluffing" or "fingerstyling" the hair...? It's like her curls have been seperated and "tousled". I may try it but I'm not sure if I can get my twistout to look like this. I may need a stylist's help for this one LOL

But I really wanna try it!

zzirvingj

Poohbear said:
Zzirvingj and melanizm, you both have beautiful natural hair. I also like Beyonce's weave. When I look at Beyonce's hair style in that pic, it reminds me of Bublnbrnsuga's braidout. You may want to check out her album and I believe she created a thread about her braidout a while back. ;)

Thanks Poohbear! :)

I can't find Bubbln's hair album though!