Huge!!! Horse!!! Amino Acid Pills!!!!

LuLu

I went to one of my fav places today, the Vitamin Shoppe.
Since I've recently given up red meat, I decided to start taking an Amino Acid supplement, which also has l-cysteine in it which I wanted to take too.

This is my problem, these are THE biggest pills I have ever seen!!! I mean I wonder if I can even swallow them...and the instructions say take 5+ a day!!! WTF!!!??!?!?
Surely I'll choke on one and die right???

Anyone here take Amino Acid supplements? Are they all 5 pills a day? ARe they all huge????? Help!!!

ChocoKitty

I take hair formula 37 and the amino tablets are pretty big. I take 6 a day. My sugestions would to take 1 or 2 few hours and make that you have full 8oz glass of standing by. A few times in the past I've tried to be superwoman and take all six in the same time frame without an adequate amount of water. I felt them sitting in my chest the rest night. Once you get into the groove of taking them it's not so hard--trust me!

greenidlady1

I know what you mean LuLu! I take Lysine and those are the largest pills I've ever taken. I drink a whole cup of water after to make sure they aren't sitting in my throat!

LuLu

Thanks alot, I don't think I'll start by taking five, maybe I'll start with 2 a day...I'm sooo intimidated by them

BTW, your hair is gorgeous, and your kitty is so cute

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Try the liquid amino acids (Twin Labs makes several)--although you might choke on the taste just as easily.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Lulu, aren't those the biggest pills you have ever seen!!! I bought them about 2 weeks ago and I was just as intimidated as you are. I tried crushing them and cutting them in half. But they were so nasty and when split in 2 they were so hard to swallow! But guess what?? With a little pratice they can be swallowed very easily.

I started off taking 2 a day but now I am up to 3! Good Luck!

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
i was take omega 3's and theyre huge but i dont think about it i just swallow it. i had to take pills like this before for my skin

Kaela

I know this serves for no useful advice, but your subject line has had me laughing for the last few minutes

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
u guys should drink a lil of ur liquid first, i dont take this pills with water by the way, cuz ill still taste them or smell them, and then put the pill in ur mouth while the liquid is still in it, drink some more liquid and swalllow

ChocoKitty

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
Thanks alot, I don't think I'll start by taking five, maybe I'll start with 2 a day...I'm sooo intimidated by them

BTW, your hair is gorgeous, and your kitty is so cute

[/ QUOTE ]
You're Welcome and Thank you for the compliments. I'll let my kitty know you think she's cute. She'll love to hear that!

LuLu

[ QUOTE ]
Kaela said:
I know this serves for no useful advice, but your subject line has had me laughing for the last few minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have seen my face then when I opened the bottle, I believe I used my Lord's name in vain

LuLu

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Lulu, aren't those the biggest pills you have ever seen!!! I bought them about 2 weeks ago and I was just as intimidated as you are. I tried crushing them and cutting them in half. But they were so nasty and when split in 2 they were so hard to swallow! But guess what?? With a little pratice they can be swallowed very easily.

I started off taking 2 a day but now I am up to 3! Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh DSD, you give me hope....if you tell me I can manage this gigantic pills then I can

They are just so big though, they could easily take the place of meat on my plate...they might just fill me up

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Yeah Lulu just make sure you have about 16 oz of water on hand because you will need every drop and then some. These have def. kept me on track for my 64oz a day!

And yes, you do feel kinda full after all that water and big ole horse pills!

chewy

I've been seriously thinking of adding aminos to my regimen. Are these huge horse pills bigger than GNC's Ultra Nourishair? Those suckers are a mouthful and smelly to boot you know!

Chipmunk

I take mine with either yogurt or milk they go down smoother that way. Or maybe it's just a psychological thing.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

It's not that bad, when you consider the fact that you swallow pieces of food just as big, if not bigger. I think it's an issue of mind over matter. I take 2 at the same time with no problems.

laketta

I had this same problem with the pantothenic acid pills that were 1000mg horses would run from those. I will not take anything bigger than the tip of my pinkie finger.