Humectress..old..new..and generic

CheerBear

I was at Sally's yesterday and saw their generic formula of the Humectress conditioner, I decided to buy it to see how it works, I havent used the real deal so I cant compare but I figured, if not for deep conditioning it will eventually serve SOME purpose...anyhow, I used it, and had to LeKair afterwards because it didn't leave my hair as slippery as I wanted...I remember someone saying that the generic version is based on the OLD formula, is this true..and for you nexxus users, how does the two formulas compare??? Also, has anyone ever used the generic version successfully? I thinking of just goin to Rite Aid and shelling out the 18 dollars for the real stuff if it's worth it...

That's true! The generic formula is from around 1998 or 2000 if I remember correctly. The current formula was changed around 2002 I think. Try the real stuff. I prefer the real thing...my wallet on the other hand...

However, a GOOD knockoff is the Suave Humectant brand. It's better than the generic and I like it ALMOST better than the real Nexxuss Humectress.

I do have that Suave Humectant patience...I forgot all about i! I started using it last summer for daily co washes and it worked wonderfully!

Glad I could help jog your memory and possibly save you a few bucks
grin.gif

IMO, the real thing is in a class by itself -- been using for over 10 years and always come back to it, and the high $$$. But my hair LOVES nexxus humectress. I currently use suave humectant for condition washes -- it is a fair knockoff, but doesn't hold a candle to the real thing for deep moisturizing and slip. I have never tried sally's generic.

I love Humectress. I have tried the Suave, the Generic and the real thing. The real Humectress is by far the best. However, when my funds were low I used the generic and sat under the dryer and and got great results.

HTH

Back