Humidity

mw138

Last night I put my hair in pin curls and woke up with wonderful wavy hair. It looked so nice! However, by the time I got to work, my hair was almost completely straight.

What do some of you do to combat the humidity?

Neroli

It's tough and I don't have the answer. "Cone loaded serums help control humidity on hair, but I am simply defeated in this awesome Atlanta heat/humidity and I do not fight my texture and do not attempt elaborate, high maintenance styles during summer. I usually wear buns or textured styles that stay looking good no matter what.

When I HAVE to look extra elegant for weddings, parties, etc., I do it up for THAT event and go right back to buns and textured hair. No fuss, no muss, less work, more fun, less worrying about how my hair looks. . .

mw138

Neroli said:
It's tough and I don't have the answer. "Cone loaded serums help control humidity on hair, but I am simply defeated in this awesome Atlanta heat/humidity and I do not fight my texture and do not attempt elaborate, high maintenance styles during summer. I usually wear buns or textured styles that stay looking good no matter what.

When I HAVE to look extra elegant for weddings, parties, etc., I do it up for THAT event and go right back to buns and textured hair. No fuss, no muss, less work, more fun, less worrying about how my hair looks. . .

Thanks for your help!

MizAvalon

I don't try to fight the humidity. Once I figured out that I will NEVER beat Mother Nature at a battle, my life became much easier!:lol:

Like a previous poster mentioned, if I have to banging hair for something then I will get it done for that day. The rest of the summer, it's cornrows and buns. Between working out 4-5 days a week and the humidity on top of it, no style is going to keep. So I don't even bother.:ohwell:

Now, when my favorite season(Fall) comes up, it will be ON!!:grin: