Hydracap!!!!!

Well I tried to order the free sample at two separate occasions, the first time - I sent the company an email and they told me they would send me the free sample with free shipping. I still had not received the sample (after a couple of weeks) and I finally sent them another email this past Friday with a screen print showing the error message I kept getting and I got 68 bags sent to me via overnight/next day -

I am surprised that they are not responding to emails as I get responses within 24 hours when I emailed [email protected]

I got my samples this week and i LOVE it! It really does what it says it can do. The cap itself is very large so it can fit over any head. I put it over my head than put the blow dryer on high heat and started at the egdes and nape. Then I worked my way up. It fit like a fitted hat. One thing I noticed is that before I went under the dryer, my hair started to heat up underneath. I thought maybe it was the blow dryer but I think it's my body heat. 5 caps came in the sample pack. I sat with it on for 30 minutes then washed out the CON. I really like this because it was not as messy as my shower cap can be. I disposed of it and I am good to go! This is definitely a keeper!

Wow do I feel like I got the short end of the stick. I just got my sample pack - finally after all of this time. NO freebies or nothing - exactly 4 bags!:wallbash::perplexed

And after reading about the chemical smells, seeing the Michael's bag, I'm just not enthused anymore. I will report back when & if I ever try them. I'm too bitter to try right now.

Well I tried it out and I love it! This is definitely a keeper for me - if I can get it at a Michael's I will do that too...I way prefer this better than the conventional cap...

What was the original price - 50 caps for $10 - that's like 20 cents per cap.

Well here is a site with them. You get 500 caps for $34 which is like 7 cents per cap. And I didn't even do much research. There may be some out there that are even cheaper. Whoever came up with "hydracaps" is making a killing reselling shrink wrap bags. :rolleyes:

http://www.shrinkwrapitforless.com/servlet/Detail?no=42

Thanks for this. Looks as though they are using the dome-shaped shrink wrap bags and passing it off as caps...I am definitely going to rethink ordering from Hydracap!

I decided to go ahead & try it. I must admit I like this awhole lot better than my regular plastic cap.

However, the true test will be when I go to bed. If it stays on I will be ordering more, just not from Hydracap.

Thanks for all of the feedback regarding the HydraCap, we are just test marketing this product short term, over 100 people have been sent out free samples with no shipping charges due to the glitches/ frustration with the website..It has a challenge...However, if you have not recv. the product please send an e-mail to [email protected] for the difference between industrial/ Michaels shrink wrap, it is the same concept, however, it has been tested & formulated so there is relative no smell as well as softer vs. what you would utlize as a gift bag, etc. It took awhile for the factory to narrow that down..but so far over 850 consumers has loved and exited about the product, but I would always tell anyone to go what works out to be the best soultion...As for the cost again, this has been a test market that is why the bulk pkg is at a loss & is not the same cost structure as reg. shrink wrap bags or the company would be utilizing that as a contractor....If anyone is dissatisfied with the product please send an e-mail & everyone would be reimbursed. so far everyone has been happy ....Thanks for the positive input.....I want everyone to be happy...Again, sorry about all the frustrations with the website any prev. customers that has had frustrations I will send a free sample Pack...Have a great Weekend!!!

Thanks for all of the feedback regarding the HydraCap, we are just test marketing this product short term, over 100 people have been sent out free samples with no shipping charges due to the glitches/ frustration with the website..It has a challenge...However, if you have not recv. the product please send an e-mail to [email protected] for the difference between industrial/ Michaels shrink wrap, it is the same concept, however, it has been tested & formulated so there is relative no smell as well as softer vs. what you would utlize as a gift bag, etc. It took awhile for the factory to narrow that down..but so far over 850 consumers has loved and exited about the product, but I would always tell anyone to go what works out to be the best soultion...As for the cost again, this has been a test market that is why the bulk pkg is at a loss & is not the same cost structure as reg. shrink wrap bags or the company would be utilizing that as a contractor....If anyone is dissatisfied with the product please send an e-mail & everyone would be reimbursed. so far everyone has been happy ....Thanks for the positive input.....I want everyone to be happy...Again, sorry about all the frustrations with the website any prev. customers that has had frustrations I will send a free sample Pack...Have a great Weekend!!!

thanks for responding, i havent had a chance to try it yet, hopefully i can today.

Ok. I tried these this morning when I got home from work (I had the free trial). I love them!! Don't know how good it will be for my hair, but it was convenient. I washed, conditioned, put the cap on and went to bed. Love the convenience. It stayed in place!! I just placed an order. The site is back to 50 caps for $9.99....

I got my caps - but I forgot them in the Car - In 100 degree heat:rolleyes:
Oh well. I will head to michaels - or buy some from the website.

After coming across this thread, I decided to order the trial pack. It came in the mail in two days. I just used one for the first time last night. I don't know that I could really tell a difference from just using a regular plastic cap. I will probably finish using the ones that came in the trial pack, but I don't really see ordering any more.

I forgot to report back. Definitely less messy than the regular plastic caps. I feel like my conditioner penetrated more. I just ordered two boxes.

The novelty of it all has already worn off since I just purchased a hair steamer.:lachen:

I'll shower and condition my hair just for bumping this thread:grin:and sleep overnight with it

The novelty of it all has already worn off since I just purchased a hair steamer.:lachen:

I'll shower and condition my hair just for bumping this thread:grin:and sleep overnight with it

I'm buying a steamer at some point tonight or tomorrow. I just can't decide which one :wallbash:!

That's the one I've been looking at for months now but got swayed a little by the one January Noir posted that she got.

I ordered the free sample and received it over a month ago. Just tried them for the first time today and I LOVE them! Plastic caps have always been messy as water tends to pool in the cap. So sleeping in one is not fun. This is a keeper for me. I might do prepoos in these also.

Last edited:
Again, I just want to let everyone know these caps are the stuff i have noticed a big difference in my hair during deep conditionings already i usually loose alarming amount of hair to my standards while deep conditioning, yesterday i can say it was about 5 pieces of hair i was so happy these bags are a keeper for me very happy i made this purchase.

I got my samples this week and i LOVE it! It really does what it says it can do. The cap itself is very large so it can fit over any head. I put it over my head than put the blow dryer on high heat and started at the egdes and nape. Then I worked my way up. It fit like a fitted hat. One thing I noticed is that before I went under the dryer, my hair started to heat up underneath. I thought maybe it was the blow dryer but I think it's my body heat. 5 caps came in the sample pack. I sat with it on for 30 minutes then washed out the CON. I really like this because it was not as messy as my shower cap can be. I disposed of it and I am good to go! This is definitely a keeper!

I ordered the free sample and received it over a month ago. Just tried them for the first time today and I LOVE them! Plastic caps have always been messy as water tends to pool in the cap. So sleeping in one is not fun. This is a keeper for me. I might do prepoos in these also.

Looks like she does lurk over here. Especially since I seen her post. I seen all these testimonials on her site. Did you give permission?

what time does Sally's close I am about to go pick this up a long with some DC for my hair?

It closes at 9 here.

Last edited:
I have a ton of these but I haven't used them in awhile because you can no longer get them from that site. I've seen them at Sally's in that small quantity and someplace online that I can't remember.

Back