i am a newbie

aliciaq

Hi guys after browsing your post for the last few weeks i decided to join properly today!I need to get some pics on here soon so that i can be part of the LHCF experience properly. I currently have nape bordering on SL hair and would love to get to BSL for my wedding next year. I use dark and lovely relaxer which have to me been ok but i am open to suggestion on a better type to use.:confused:

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

I personally use ORS Lye which I am very happy with, I have never used dark and lovely so I am unable to comment on it. Congratulations on your wedding, with the wealth of information on this board I am sure you will achieve your goals. Happy growing!!!

aliciaq said:
Hi guys after browsing your post for the last few weeks i decided to join properly today!I need to get some pics on here soon so that i can be part of the LHCF experience properly. I currently have nape bordering on SL hair and would love to get to BSL for my wedding next year. I use dark and lovely relaxer which have to me been ok but i am open to suggestion on a better type to use.:confused:

:wave: Welcome! Ok you can do a search on relaxers the recent popular ones were Phytospecific (expensive) ORS, Optimum etc. I would say do a LOT of research before getting changing anything that's working for you you've got to fight your inner PJ (product junkie) in this forum!!! :look:

hothair said:
:wave: Welcome! Ok you can do a search on relaxers the recent popular ones were Phytospecific (expensive) ORS, Optimum etc. I would say do a LOT of research before getting changing anything that's working for you you've got to fight your inner PJ (product junkie) in this forum!!! :look:

Welcome, Aliciaq.....enjoy the forum and heed the bolded, you'll be running out of money, closet and counter space:( :( if you ignore this caveat...it is for real!!!!

BrooklynSouth said:
Welcome, Aliciaq.....enjoy the forum and heed the bolded, you'll be running out of money, closet and counter space:( :( if you ignore this caveat...it is for real!!!!

BrooklynSouth is speaking the truth:lol: :lol: !!! Welcome Aliciaq!

7.gif

Thanks guys! i will do some more research on these relaxers. I was wondering about if i should stretch my relaxer to 12 weeks because my stylist does overlap my relaxer how do you get over this?

Welcome to the BEST hair board on the net!!! After almost 2 years I'm still amazed at the beautiful hair here. You'll reach your goal for sure:)

aliciaq said:
Thanks guys! i will do some more research on these relaxers. I was wondering about if i should stretch my relaxer to 12 weeks because my stylist does overlap my relaxer how do you get over this?

Welcome!! The decision to stretch and for how long is very personal and depends on how well you can manage the new growth and the demarcation line. If you know for sure she is overlapping your relaxer, based on that I would consider extending the time. I did my first stretch (13.5 weeks)once I joined the board, but I've been in braids so it was super easy.

Oh, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Back